Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Want to pull a 2001 Pujols Bowman Chrome auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
ALBERT PUJOLS AUTOGRAPH BUYBACKS ADDED TO 2011 TRIBUTE BASEBALL
Topps announces that the upcoming 2011 Topps Tribute Baseball is getting a huge addition.

10 years ago, Albert Pujols burst onto the hobby scene with Topps’ iconic Autographed Rookie Cards. 10 years later, he’s considered one of the game’s greats and his 2001 Autographed Rookie Cards are considered some of the most valuable and treasured in this collecting generation. To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of these iconic cards, Topps pays TRIBUTE with a special buyback program.

The company is inserting 30 redemption cards for Albert Pujols’ 2001 Autographed Rookie Card. Each redemption card is good for an original buyback of one of the following cards:

*2001 Bowman Chrome Autograph
*2001 Topps Finest Autograph
*2001 Topps Reserve Autograph

Collectors will be notified of which card they will be receiving once they’ve entered the redemption code’s pin number at Topps.com.

pujolschrome.png

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
WOW! I must say Topps has been on their game in 2011. Maybe they are paying attention.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
ThoseBackPages said:
let the hate begin! LOL

anyone who hates this is just gonna hate

So as he said, let the hate begin!

haterz-gonna-hate.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Is that scan in the first post supposed to mean the redemption will be for a BGS 9.5?

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
There's likely only to be 1 Bowman Chrome Buyback, with the other 29 being Finest or Reserve...unless of course, these are from the ~Topps Vault~.

I certainly hope that they buy back examples of the Finest version that still have sharp signatures, as a number of the ones that have shown up on Ebay have signatures that are faded to the point where you can't even see them anymore.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I didn't know Topps prospected - sounds like the perfect time to finally release some of their "held back" Pujols' from their vault. It's so in your face there's no way anyone can accuse them of "back-dooring" those cards - simply genius.

No wonder they are the only baseball card guys around.

Brilliant.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
that is awesome!

i swear, i brought this up years ago!!! topps doing a buyback of chrome auto of pujols 01 bc live copies inserted into packs!!!!! but in bowman chrome product, not any other topps product....

dave

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
brouthercard said:
I didn't know Topps prospected - sounds like the perfect time to finally release some of their "held back" Pujols' from their vault. It's so in your face there's no way anyone can accuse them of "back-dooring" those cards - simply genius.

Brilliant.

hater #1

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
cgilmo said:
brouthercard said:

Brilliant.

hater #1

YES! do I get a prize? Maybe a free 2002 bowman chrome Joe Mauer uncirculated auto? Please? :lol:

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Interesting choices.

Chrome- Always the backdoor rumors. Trimming is a big problem here.
Finest- Hard to find one with a decent autograph and most that do have been retraced.
Reserve- There was a flood of these on the market about 5 months ago and some of them had odd looking signatures.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Insanely smart on Topps' part

They know no one in their right mind will buy Tribute, and since the Pujols cards are redemptions, they'll never have to fulfill them

Smart move, Topps

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
daveyou said:
that is awesome!

i swear, i brought this up years ago!!! topps doing a buyback of chrome auto of pujols 01 bc live copies inserted into packs!!!!! but in bowman chrome product, not any other topps product....

dave

Topps knows the Tribute brand is usually dead weight, which is why they're doing this. Bowman Chrome will sell regardless, no incentive for them to do it there.

Van Slyke Collector said:
I like it, Tribute is quite pricey, but maybe I will pick up 2 boxes now, just for a chance and to see what this product is all about.

Don't do it man. You'll hate yourself for it afterwards.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
What I don't understand is why 2010 Topps Tribute still sells for so much, and it's crap? Topps knows they don't need extra bonuses to sell their high end stuff.

Ok, I'll do it myself - hater #2.

wait, can I do that?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I,for one, am really excited about Tribute!!! I mean, where else could I get my fair share of Sal Bando bats, Bob Gibson shirts, and Carlos Pena autographs???? C'mon peeps! Sound the alarm! This is gonna be epic!

Members online

Latest posts