Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joba = Aroldis.......?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

I was thinking about the hype that Joba had a while back and it kinda reminds me of Aroldis.

Joba's cards were going for insane $$$$$$$$-wise and then he went to relief and they kinda dropped. With Chapman it's kinda the opposite. He's starting in relief and one day he may become a starter.

Do you see Chapman's cards retaining value if he's a setup guy with a possiblity* of becoming a starter? Anyone else kinda reminded by the Joba card hype of 07-08ish when it comes to Chapman?

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
I would feel bad for whoever bought that Joba Red Ref 9.5 auto for thousands of dollars at the height of the hype if s/he wasn't a Yankees fan.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
RandomH said:
So basically, you guys are saying that Joba's prices were solely based on him being in NY? Yes.
EDIT: And therefore Chapman will be more successful? And Yes.
Aroldis will be a starter eventually, and we will be seeing the prices rise very soon again with the media hyping his heat and slider!

Wes

OG
Administrator
Joba's prices were highest when he was a reliever - the first time around. They dropped when he failed as a starter, then tanked when he failed as a reliever the second time around. Chapman is a superior prospect but Joba 3 years ago was a seriously hot commodity - shoot look at MLB The Show from that year - his stuff is the best in the game.

Members online

Latest posts