Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking for some help. Spring training (workouts) in florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
I cant wait any longer for baseball!! lol

I am going to see some full team workouts this weekend and was curious how they work. I went to one last year for the yankees but dont remember what time i went.

I am either going to go to see the phillies, tigers, or blue jays tomorrow and probably the yankees sunday as that is when they have their first full team workouts. I would like to know what time I should get to the stadiums, what time the teams usually have their workouts, and how long they last. Not sure if there is anywhere I can find this info so hoping someone can help me out.

thanks in advance!

WaxPax

Well. having done this the past several years, I can tell you this much. Most teams have morning workouts that start around 9am or so (varies by team). They usually last around 3 hours and then it pretty much is wrapped up. I don't recall seeing too many 2 a days like you see if football, but some guys might stick around longer on the field afterwards. I'm sure they have meals and meetings afterwards, but that's pretty much what you can expect as far as a structured workout. It becomes a little different when the games start because they usually start breaking up the camp into the MLB camp, and the minor league camp. Also, traveling plays a factor once they start with same day road games.

I went to the yanks camp a few years back and they have a little different set up there, but I remember they kept people out of the practice for a while before letting people into the stadium to view.

I'm actually going with my 2 boy's to Bradenton for the Pirates tomorrow, Pt Charlotte for the Rays Sunday (their fanfest is Saturday at the Trop), and Sarasota for the O's on Monday...I'll be posting pics like I always have after each visit.

Hope this helped.

-Steve

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
WaxPax said:
Well. having done this the past several years, I can tell you this much. Most teams have morning workouts that start around 9am or so (varies by team). They usually last around 3 hours and then it pretty much is wrapped up. I don't recall seeing too many 2 a days like you see if football, but some guys might stick around longer on the field afterwards. I'm sure they have meals and meetings afterwards, but that's pretty much what you can expect as far as a structured workout. It becomes a little different when the games start because they usually start breaking up the camp into the MLB camp, and the minor league camp. Also, traveling plays a factor once they start with same day road games.

I went to the yanks camp a few years back and they have a little different set up there, but I remember they kept people out of the practice for a while before letting people into the stadium to view.

I'm actually going with my 2 boy's to Bradenton for the Pirates tomorrow, Pt Charlotte for the Rays Sunday (their fanfest is Saturday at the Trop), and Sarasota for the O's on Monday...I'll be posting pics like I always have after each visit.

Hope this helped.

-Steve

thanks a lot for the help! the closest one to me is the yankees which is like 10 min away but the first full team workout is sunday. the next cloest is the phillies and they start tomorrow so probably going to see them. guess I will get their nice and early

Members online

Latest posts