Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Breakout year mlb level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SKYWALKER

Aug 7, 2008
WILDCAT COUNTRY
Who do you think will have his breakout year ?
My pick will be Drew Stubbs of the Reds as I feel his Avg, hr's rbi's and sb will all rise and k's will really go down, I really do see him as being a true 5 tool player.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Since I follow the Tigers more closely I'll say Porcello. What I've read about his offseason training seems like he should be much improved.

I also think Max Scherzer is going to be really good this year, but his breakthrough was the second half of last season.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
excel_B said:
I believe either Adam Jones or Nick Markakis will improve dramatically with some support of Vlad and Lee...

Adam Jones comes to mind for me as well. If he can solidify a spot near the top of that order, watch out. He has the potential for a true break-out year. He hasn't yet come close to his production in the Minors. This could be the year.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I've got a good feeling about Travis Snider this year. He was very unlucky last year. A wrist injury sidelined him when he was heating up and he had something like a .250 average on line drives. The league average is somewhere around .600. I expect a .260/.340/.475 type of year.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
sportscardtheory said:
I like the Snider pick too.

I think that Pablo can have a SECOND break-out season after the disaster that was his 2010. lol

This list reads of my fantasy team last year. Pablo and Adam Jones. Saying big panda's season was a disaster is being nice. :lol:

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I believe Carlos Quentin will return into his 2008 season form this year with the additions of Dunn and resigning Konerko. I believe with these signings, it will put less pressure on Quentin. This is only if he can get his head straight.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Gio Gonzalez
Reid Brignac
Matt LaPorta
Ian Stewart

wouldn't mind if Chad Billingsley and Gavin Floyd pitched no hitters either.

Also hope that Russ Martin has a hot stretch for the Yanks.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
SKYWALKER said:
Who do you think will have his breakout year ?
My pick will be Drew Stubbs of the Reds as I feel his Avg, hr's rbi's and sb will all rise and k's will really go down, I really do see him as being a true 5 tool player.

I agree, this was my reasoning in recently purchasing a Bowman Chrome Gold Ref AU :mrgreen:

Members online

Latest posts