Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage high-way robbery, two for the price of $0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Put a good bid on this one, ended up winning it this morning.
[ebay:1g34qg5n]150562808697[/ebay:1g34qg5n]

CFssnqBGkKGrHqIOKkQE0UGDuyg3BNVDbNr_3.jpg

CFssp7gBmkKGrHqUOKi8E1KgJDFBLBNVDe5cwg_3.jpg

Isn't the most visually appealing card, but it's a more rare issue, and I've lost out of one or two before, so I'm glad to get this one at a really good price (free b/c of eBay gift cards :D).

The writing on the back doesn't bother me at all really, and for $10 you can't lose.

Thanks for looking, I should be adding one more tonight!

EDIT: Won it, here it is. [ebay:1g34qg5n]360344348774[/ebay:1g34qg5n]

CFyjRhCWkKGrHqIOKigE0k3DETlUBNWJUuIEew_12.jpg

I love the back just as much as the front.

CFyjUYCWkKGrHqIOKjE0Zvgio7wBNWJU1HeJQ_12.jpg

And I used a GC on it :) free again!

Thanks for the looks guys, can't wait to send them all to SGC.

Brian

Brian

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Re: Vintage high-way robbery

I had no idea Greenberg had so many cards until I saw your collection. Congrats on another cool card. How close are you to every Greenberg card?

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY

aminors said:
I had no idea Greenberg had so many cards until I saw your collection. Congrats on another cool card. How close are you to every Greenberg card?
Pretty far actually. I've stopped collecting modern bat cards really, I have lost the motivation to, unless I find a nice card for the right price I usually stay away from them. As far as vintage goes I'm getting there slowly to the master set. There are a couple of really tough cards still out there, some I have seen maybe once or twice on eBay, etc. We'll see though, thanks for the interest!

Brian

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN

Zan said:
aminors said:
Pretty far actually. I've stopped collecting modern bat cards really, I have lost the motivation to, unless I find a nice card for the right price I usually stay away from them. As far as vintage goes I'm getting there slowly to the master set. There are a couple of really tough cards still out there, some I have seen maybe once or twice on eBay, etc. We'll see though, thanks for the interest!

Brian

Cool man, looks incredible so far. All of the different vintage cards are really cool. Good luck with the rest.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI

Wow, great price on the R346.

Zan I had the card bookmarked and got one of those ebay reminder emails about it last night, I told myself to place a snipe on it for $30.... but I forgot (not the first time).

Did you ever make an offer on the R314-5 Greenberg that Rhett had on eBay? That will be one of the toughest if not the toughest.

The Toughest Greenbergs...

1934 Newton Annis Furs (formally called Detroit Team Issue).... by far the toughest of Greenberg's "rookies", Ive owned about 15 total from this set, but Ive only recall seeing 2 Greenbergs (one is signed).

1935 Geo Burke Tiger Stamps........ tough but cheap

1935-37 Geo Burke Stamps ......same as above... but Greenberg is uncataloged, but Ive seen one, the checklist is far from complete.... I owned over 50 players that were not checklisted (sold them since), and still arent.

1935 R309-2 Goudey Premium..... scarce, but they are out there, a bit pricey.

1935 R314-2 Goudey.... Probably the easiest of the cards I listed here, but far from easy.

1936 R301 Overland Candy .....super rare and condition sensitive, not to mention the price tag.

1936 R314-5 World Wide Gum......not even know to exist until a couple years ago (card looks similar to the more common R314-4)

1936 V355 World Wide Gum... very tough, but Ive seen a couple, will be pricey too.

1937 V300 O-Pee-Chee... same as above but even more pricey.

1940 Diamond Dust Punchboard.... never seen one, but Ive owned 20 different from this very rare set..... but if you find one it will be cheap.

1940 Michigan Sportservice Tigers.... very tough attractive issue. Will be pricey if one was to ever show for sale.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY

fkw said:
Wow, great price on the R346.

Zan I had the card bookmarked and got one of those ebay reminder emails about it last night, I told myself to place a snipe on it for $30.... but I forgot (not the first time).

Did you ever make an offer on the R314-5 Greenberg that Rhett had on eBay? That will be one of the toughest if not the toughest.

I'm glad you didn't, that was my high bid :lol:

I asked him if he would take it down to $140, then $100 later, and never got a response, now I can't really afford it anymore..

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
You done good, Brian. You done good.

Love that R303, especially. It's my favorite Cronin card I own...then again, I'm a sucker for oversized vintage. :)

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Nice cards! Your mail is always fun to see, as Greenberg has such a wide array of different cards. It must be a pretty eclectic card collection, and it remains synthesized on top of that.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
LWMM said:
Nice cards! Your mail is always fun to see, as Greenberg has such a wide array of different cards. It must be a pretty eclectic card collection, and it remains synthesized on top of that.
It definitely keeps me busy. Eventually I want to get into cut autos, either on cards or index cards or postcards, etc. when I have the type of money to spend on them.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
autorook said:
Nice score
Thanks man, I'm always looking to add more and more.

caseya10781 said:
Another great pick up Brian. Love seeing your additions.

Casey
Thanks Casey, I like to show them off when I buy them. This semester has brought some good deals for me.

scotty21690 said:
You done good, Brian. You done good.

Love that R303, especially. It's my favorite Cronin card I own...then again, I'm a sucker for oversized vintage. :)
They are sweet. However they make for expensive SGC submissions. I have the R312 and now the R303, so that's at least $40 for only two cards. My next submission is going to be huge, and pretty pricey.

Brian

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
rebelpawn said:
Nice stuff but I don't see any Chrome.
Seems like an incomplete collection...

I agree, it looks like I have neglected the chrome. ChRoMe N00bz!!!!1

Latest posts