Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Never thought I would own this card...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
IMO one of the greatest modern cards. Bold sigs on this one as well.

!CFt9yfwEGk~$(KGrHqUOKiUE0qg8GGGuBNWBBVwO6g~~_12.jpg

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys. Along with the Mantle/Griffey dual auto to me this is an iconic card, one that captures the early stages of the shift in the hobby at its finest. A card with a cool theme (Triple Crown Winners) that was practically impossible to pull.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
cjb9421 said:
Do you think theirs still one sitting in a pack somewhere?
I honestly do not even know what it is from offhand (though I imagine I could look) but I'd find it hard to believe every one has been pulled.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
Topnotchsy said:
cjb9421 said:
I honestly do not even know what it is from offhand (though I imagine I could look) but I'd find it hard to believe every one has been pulled.

I may look tomorrow. I assume a case of score aint that bad $$$$ wise lol

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Gorgeous, simple design. It is too bad that card companies do not make cards like this one anymore. That may be the best looking triple autograph ever made.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Topnotchsy said:
cjb9421 said:

1992 Score Series 2. Tons of that stuff was made. Card # to 500. Impossible pull but probably a few still sealed up waiting to be busted.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
SamHell said:
Topnotchsy said:
cjb9421 said:

1992 Score Series 2. Tons of that stuff was made. Card # to 500. Impossible pull but probably a few still sealed up waiting to be busted.

Sweet, bout to buy some cases of this stuff LOL

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
SamHell said:
Topnotchsy said:
cjb9421 said:

Thanks for the info. 19 years old then. (Hard to believe 1992 was 19 years ago.)

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Beautiful Card.

yes, 1992 Score Series Two. There was that card signed by all three, then that card without it signed.
then the three players had individual signed and unsigned cards. The unsigned cards at the time were
not all that easy to pull, forget about the autos

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Topnotchsy said:
IMO one of the greatest modern cards. Bold sigs on this one as well.

!CFt9yfwEGk~$(KGrHqUOKiUE0qg8GGGuBNWBBVwO6g~~_12.jpg

this is really nice. thanks for posting.

i've seen prob 10,000 pics of Yaz over the years and I don't recall ever seeing one of him looking any younger than in this shot. I'm guessing it was taken from his rookie year. My Mom was living right near Fenway at the time and actually saw him play in person during August of that season-- I believe it was 1960. She's probably told me 150x that Yaz was "just incredible" in left field at Fenway. She claims he "caught everything" and threw guys out on the bases and at home plate all the time. I've got to check his defensive stats and find out how many gold gloves he won. By the time I got to watch him play, he was generally DHing and Rice had taken over in left. I saw him hit some bombs though and was at Yaz Day, his second to last game, back in 1983. Special game. He hit a bomb in that game. Seems it was Oct 1st or 2nd, 1983, but I'd have to look back at records to be sure. I know he was like 42 or so. It was exciting even at the end of his career to see that.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

What's the triple-auto worth??

Yaz looked more like this when I saw him play (this is his 1983 Topps "Big Card":

yazbigcard.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts