Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PSA DNA Blue Label vs Red Label question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
hey peeps

couple of questions, advice, opinions...

I've sent a few cards, IP signed, to psa dna and all came back with blue slabs which i thought looked nicer. never really considered the red slab for some reason...

however, got to pm'ing with hawaii steve~o and he stated that for psa dna red label meant that it's both authenticated in auto AND card (as in, it states that it isn't altered/trimmed) in any way

blue label, other hand, is only for auto authentication and that it won't mention whether the card was altered/trimmed in any way...

is this correct?

and if so, would getting it slabbed in red label be more "legit" as it captures both the card and auto as authentic, right?

if you guys have any experiences with psa dna slabs, diff. bet. red and blue, etc. would be much appreciated!

thanks

dave

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
You are correct. Blue is auto. only and red is authenticating both the card and auto. Normally I wouldn't avoid buying blue.

Usually when buying a psa dna item I don't really care about blue vs. red. The only time I would really prefer a red flip is if the actual card vintage, rare, valuable or has a problem with counterfeits. For example if I was buying an In Person auto'd Dan Marino 1984 rookie I would prefer a red flip b/c the '84 Marino has counterfeiting issues. That being said if 2 identical signed cards were for sale I would pay a small bit more for the red.

I am not sure about the price difference between the two when submitting to Psa but if I was submitting to psa the above mentioned criteria would apply.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
IMO, distinguishing between the two can be a bit of a hassle. I've seen signed '52 Topps Mantle reprints in blue flips labeled as "1952 Topps Reprint." I just don't know if they do that every time or more sporadically. It would be more responsible to label the item on the slab as what it is. Either way, the blue flips lend nothing to card condition, and I'm up in the air if they clearly label authenticity.

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
I personally like the reds better because of having the grade/authentication. If someone took the time to get a quality copy signed, its worth a premium to me. For example: (I know its not a psa 9 ;) )
img567.jpg

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
thank you very much for your inputs, guys

i am cracking a psa 4 (no qualifiers) to get an auto on his card and with the info at hand, i am def. going with the red slab and auto grade only!

and yeah, one of the most heavily counterfeited cards as well so this info really helps!

gracias~

dave

Members online

Latest posts