Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

vintage question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
If the first pic below sold for $150 on ebay, what do you think the pic below it is worth? It looks quite solid, the centering is amazing for this type of card IMO. I have no idea who he is, but the condition intrigued me.

fridleyebay.jpg

fridley.jpg

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
That second card needs to be graded, its so sharp it could be trimmed. If graded and gets a 6 or better it could be over 300.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
vintagerookies51 said:
Yeah it looks trimmed... but depending on what it grades, such as if it gets an 8, it could sell for at least $400-500

so even if it is trimmed they will still grade it?

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
EricInCT said:
vintagerookies51 said:
Yeah it looks trimmed... but depending on what it grades, such as if it gets an 8, it could sell for at least $400-500

so even if it is trimmed they will still grade it?
No, it would not get a grade just authentic/trimmed. The more i look at it i would say it is trimmed, the top/bott borders are smaller than the side ones. It could still bring in 50 or more if trimmed. I sold a trimmed 50s mantle with berra or something to that effect and i was shocked that i got around 100 bucks for it.

vintagerookies51

Aug 10, 2010
Notice how one the first one, the centering evens out, it's just about 70-30. But in the second one, the borders Top-bottom are both quite small

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
vintagerookies51 said:
Notice how one the first one, the centering evens out, it's just about 70-30. But in the second one, the borders Top-bottom are both quite small

so the bottom card is not worth 150?

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Its a high number...get that thing graded. Roll the dice that its untouched although I have to admit that it more than likely is going to come back as "authentic". But if it comes back graded you are in the money

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
mchenrycards said:
Its a high number...get that thing graded. Roll the dice that its untouched although I have to admit that it more than likely is going to come back as "authentic". But if it comes back graded you are in the money

the more I look at it the more it looks like the thing is trimmed.....the top card, if centered perfectly, would have a generous border......that bottom card's border is just way too slim to trimmed. Maybe the seller doesn't know it was trimmed or is trying to pull a fast one, he wants to sell it for 150 but it seems like it is a poor investment?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:
surely you cant be this clueless Eric

I know nothing about trimmed cards that is why I am asking, it never dawned on me that it could be trimmed until someone mentioned it just now.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
EricInCT said:
ThoseBackPages said:
surely you cant be this clueless Eric

I know nothing about trimmed cards that is why I am asking, it never dawned on me that it could be trimmed until someone mentioned it just now.

youve been around long enough to know if something is too good to be true, it probably is

Members online

Latest posts