Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hit king @ Steiner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
While not his RC I didnt want to get a 63 signed since I know I would then have to hunt down (if they are still here) the other 3 on the card :lol: So I decided to go with a 64 instead and love how it came out :D

Also I am Pretty sure I seen daveyou at the signing hand Pete his item. And Pete goes "you sure you want me to sign this?" :lol: I will let dave show you guys if in fact it was him.

Thanks for looking.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dude, that was hilarious when pete asked me that. :lol: :lol: i was like "uh yeah, of course!"

im so glad you were able to lock the 64 down! i thought you wanted to do red ink??

dave

btw, when i asked if he could sign it in his full name, i think he kinda got confused and the auto looks...a little...off on mine? :oops:

IMG-1.jpg

dave

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Looks nice. Pete has a great looking auto. Did a lot of people show up for the signing?

Thank you guys!

Not as much as normally show up at steiner, but still enough to have him back in the future I would say. I know the where turning people away but I couldn't get a straight answer why lol Maybe he was tight on time

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
daveyou said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dude, that was hilarious when pete asked me that. :lol: :lol: i was like "uh yeah, of course!"

im so glad you were able to lock the 64 down! i thought you wanted to do red ink??

dave

btw, when i asked if he could sign it in his full name, i think he kinda got confused and the auto looks...a little...off on mine? :oops:

IMG-1.jpg

dave

Nah that looks perfect! I had no idea you where going full name with inscription! That IS NUTS! WOW did they charge you extra for that.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
thank you both!!

joe here helped ALOT with this one. he gave me the idea as well as showing me the full name and i thought that's a unique sig. on his real rc card

again, i am so glad you've witnessed what pete rose said you sure you want me to sign this? he held it up and said "this real?"

oh, sorry to hijack this, bud.

wasn't gonna show it til after it slabs from psa dna

dave

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
daveyou said:
thank you both!!

joe here helped ALOT with this one. he gave me the idea as well as showing me the full name and i thought that's a unique sig. on his real rc card

again, i am so glad you've witnessed what pete rose said you sure you want me to sign this? he held it up and said "this real?"

oh, sorry to hijack this, bud.

wasn't gonna show it til after it slabs from psa dna

dave

As soon as I seen you grab the marker I suggested I knew it was you, but like I said I was behind the register with my buddy. I seen him bugging out on the card, I thought I heard him say "is this real?" but wasnt sure. Thats funny, it also looked like he checked out the card which is super great.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
mannyramirezcollec said:
He was unsure if the rookie was real?

Both of the cards came out great, im beyond jealous of the two of you.

I think he was more taken back that someone wanted his valuable rc signed. Which is odd cause I know I seen signed Rose rookies. But there was something about Daves that made him excited :lol:

Thank you

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Both cards look great. The big signature on the 2nd year looks outstanding and the full name on the RC is cool. You can tell he knows the hobby well since he shrunk his signature a little bit on that one to focus in on his picture and also in case you wanted to get the other three guys to sign it.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
nyc3 said:
mannyramirezcollec said:

I think he was more taken back that someone wanted his valuable rc signed. Which is odd cause I know I seen signed Rose rookies. But there was something about Daves that made him excited :lol:

Thank you

joe told me that rose's rc have tons of fakes and reprints, maybe that's why?

he knew the value of his rc card, though. lol! he held it and kinda examined it which was pretty cool

James52411 - i agree! on nyc's 1964, the auto looks nice! yeah, he asked if it was ok to sign his name on top of his head. and when i asked to inscribe his roy, he pointed below his headshot and asked "here ok?"

good guys

also asked him how was the game bet. uconn vs cinn yesterday since he attended the game. he said "eh, boring.." and smiled. fun guy.

dave

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
James52411 said:
Both cards look great. The big signature on the 2nd year looks outstanding and the full name on the RC is cool. You can tell he knows the hobby well since he shrunk his signature a little bit on that one to focus in on his picture and also in case you wanted to get the other three guys to sign it.

Thank you, My experience with him was nearly a disaster. After scrambling looking for a 64 last minute he almost signed it with a ball point pen. While I am sure it would have looked ok I had to put my hand in between his pen and the card, it was pretty damn close. I handed him a brand new sharpie with my left hand like a ninja "NO!!!! Mr Rose sir if you wouldn't mind signing with this marker please?" He looked at me a bit odd but what ever its cool.

I do know he was getting mad at the people taking pictures with him, and he had that stopped for the most part so that was kind of a bummer. While I didnt want my picture with him, I did see a few people who where pissed.

EDIT: Also dave I missed your question about the red ink. I wanted to but michaels didnt have the red one like yours and the paints where all thin

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
[youtube:38dbttjz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyqN7iZNyoU[/youtube:38dbttjz]

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
daveyou said:
nyc3 said:
mannyramirezcollec said:

Thank you

joe told me that rose's rc have tons of fakes and reprints, maybe that's why?

he knew the value of his rc card, though. lol! he held it and kinda examined it which was pretty cool

James52411 - i agree! on nyc's 1964, the auto looks nice! yeah, he asked if it was ok to sign his name on top of his head. and when i asked to inscribe his roy, he pointed below his headshot and asked "here ok?"

good guys

also asked him how was the game bet. uconn vs cinn yesterday since he attended the game. he said "eh, boring.." and smiled. fun guy.

dave

Might want to spell out "between" This is Pete we are talking about, I was confused for a second. ;)

Members online

Latest posts