Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My absolutely gorgeous 1975 George Brett O-Pee-Chee RC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
A few months back, I bought the official scanner of the morning crew, the HP Scanjet G3110. Here are a few scans of my favorite card of my favorite player, the 1975 OPC George Brett RC.
OPC_BRETT_RC.jpgOPC_BRETT_RC_BK.jpg

A PSA 9 recently sold for over $1600. I found this beauty in a BVG 6 holder. It is almost perfectly centered front and back, with no tilt. I have never seen another OPC Brett RC this well centered. The corners are sharp, and there is hardly any of the OPC fuzz which is so typical of the edges of these cards. The lone fault of this card lies in the front right edge. From just below the purple/green color break to about halfway through the green section, the edge is slightly lifted up. There is no crease from the lift, and it is only evident when holding the card outside a holder. But it's there, and it causes the card to be a 6. I think it is a gem.

David

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Beautiful card. I really love the 1975 Topps/OPC sets. That card is sahrp front and back. It's a shame about the lift on the right edge. Fantastic card. Sweet scanner too. ;)

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
again.....i cannot stop staring at it.

i think people have to realize that for both the Topps and the O-Pee-Chee, centering on this particular card is SO hard

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Here is the PSA 9 that sold for $1625:
fb%20%2848%29.jpg

I like mine at 6% of the cost. I have no idea what the centering on the back of it is, but it couldn't be any better than mine. It is quite common to see a perfectly centered 1975 OPC card, only to turn it over and see the back is miscut.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Looks like a wash between yours and the 9.
The 9 has better T/B edges and less print spots
Yours has better L/R edges and looks like nicer corners.

Seems like yours is easily an 8

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I think a lot of us have the same opinion when it comes to the vintage stuff. If you're happy with it, who cares what the grade is. At $100 that card was a steal and it presents beautifully. Plus you have the cash to spend on others. Congrats.

Latest posts