Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ultra Pro Price Increases

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
go out and buy all you can now before the price increases take place

Just got this email from one of my distributors

We're sending an email to make you aware of across-the-board price increases coming
from Ultra Pro this month. Ultra Pro has done a pretty good job holding the line on
prices the last couple years while many other plastics' manufacturers have had
multiple price increases. That being said, the raw materials used in making plastic
products, as well as the shipping costs for these items have continued to rise at a
significant rate over the last number of years, and Ultra Pro has deemed it
necessary to raise their costs accordingly. We are going to implement the changes
next week and they will affect just about every supply product we carry - most
increases will be about 10-15% with a few items dealing with larger or smaller
increases.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Balls.

My usual supplier has had a TON of Ultra Pro plastics on back order for monnnths now. I've purchased from other sources but between the back orders and the price increases, yeesh. The rumor around the back orders was the Chinese New Year messed with their production capabilities. Not sure how much I believe that...

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
rico08 said:
Balls.

My usual supplier has had a TON of Ultra Pro plastics on back order for monnnths now. I've purchased from other sources but between the back orders and the price increases, yeesh. The rumor around the back orders was the Chinese New Year messed with their production capabilities. Not sure how much I believe that...

Chinese New Year messes with alot of our suppliers also. They shut down for a month over there to party. So that part is true.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
rico08 said:
Balls.

I don't know anything about this, but I'm pretty sure oil is used in the production of plastic (not to mention distribution) and we all know what's happening with the price of oil.

ignition

Jul 29, 2010
uniquebaseballcards said:
I don't know anything about this, but I'm pretty sure oil is used in the production of plastic (not to mention distribution) and we all know what's happening with the price of oil.

You nailed it - petroleum products are in everything related to plastic. Well, almost everything... I suppose there are some sort of organic soybean plastic or some bullsh*t out there somewhere.

Members online

Latest posts