Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

some ebay bidders are incredible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
So i did auto listing and mistakingly listed a card twice once for .99 and once for 17.99. after realizing this, only 8 hours later, I removed the .99 cent listing that was posted in error. Quickly, I receive this message:

I am very up-set! I placed at bid on your "Greengrass" card. I was the high bid of $.99. The time was not up and you closed the bidding. Then you relist the same item again for $17.99. I know it is the same item by the Grading #. I don't think this is fair by ebay rules and to correct this you would have to sell me the card for $.99. Please respond ASAP

This guys is truly out of his mind

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
me, being that guy, responded. I said..."The .99 starting price was listed in error, and it was supposed to start at 17.99. I have absolutely 0 reason to sell you the card for .99 and think you are truly out of your mind for making that suggestion. Needless to say, you have been added to my blocked bidder/buyer list, so please don't bother trying to bid on my future items. Good day"

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
tonsofcommons said:
I would reply.

Thank you for your interest. Now go frack yourself.

Then block him

I like your answer a lot better

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Jeff N. said:
tonsofcommons said:
I would reply.

Then block him

I completely agree.

I completely disagree! Although I think his request is insane you have a potential customer here. Simply offer a PC answer and leave it at that. The guy may pull the trigger on your higher price if it's that important to him/her.

Insulting him only gives you a moment of satisfaction and definitely kills the chance for the sale.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I would have explained the situation about listing the item twice, and then let him know you were already contacted by somebody who had set a snipe for $102.50 because they wanted to make sure they would win. So if this guy wants to outbid him, you'll sell it for $105. :lol:

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
asw37 said:
me, being that guy, responded. I said..."The .99 starting price was listed in error, and it was supposed to start at 17.99. I have absolutely 0 reason to sell you the card for .99 and think you are truly out of your mind for making that suggestion. Needless to say, you have been added to my blocked bidder/buyer list, so please don't bother trying to bid on my future items. Good day"

Nice, I love it, get these morons on the block list ASAP. I am in awe of you sir.

You win.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
sheetskout said:
Jeff N. said:
tonsofcommons said:
I would reply.

Then block him

I completely agree.

I completely disagree! Although I think his request is insane you have a potential customer here. Simply offer a PC answer and leave it at that. The guy may pull the trigger on your higher price if it's that important to him/her.

Insulting him only gives you a moment of satisfaction and definitely kills the chance for the sale.

Nope, you block idiots like this period. Even if you do the right thing and explain in a PC answer, you still leave yourself open for this person to buy something in the future and leave a negative.

Not worth the risk. Just block.

brumbach

"Hello, and thank-you for your interest in the items that I am selling. The $0.99 listing was a duplicate listing that I made in error. Both listings were started at the same time and the $17.99 listing was the correct one. I'm sorry that I had to cancel your bid."

There's really no need to be a ******** about the response. It's selling baseball cards over the internet, why so serious and angry?

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Lol i was winning the auction with 6 days an 14 hrs left to go an i placed bid with a max bid of 25 dollars but because i am the high bidder at .99 cents an you cancelled the listing. I should believe that because i was winning before you cancelled the auction that you have a ebay right to sell to me at that price. WTF is this guy thinking. Does he think maybe this guy will sell me the card.

Members online

Latest posts