Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

John Mayberry Hold or Sell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
I am sitting on a few 2005 bowman chrome John Mayberry Jr auto's from a 2009 when he was called up to the phillies. I was wondering if i should sell now or wait for the season to start. I bought in on the cards around 8-12 dollars each so i would just be breaking even. I dont need the money but before he had a chance to be a starter for the phillies his bowman auto was going for 1-2 dollars each.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If he has a big game in Philly replacing Dom Brown, you'll regret selling now. But if he flames out, you'll regret not selling now.

Hope that helps ;)

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
If he has a big game in Philly replacing Dom Brown, you'll regret selling now. But if he flames out, you'll regret not selling now.

Hope that helps

That is what i was thinking if he starts out the season with a hr or 2 in the first week his cards could be selling for 25 each but at the same time if he starts out with a BA of .125 an 8k's his cards will fall to .99.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I say let it ride and see if he can do anything with the limited ABs he will get with Brown hurt.

If not, they may trade him somewhere he can play and you can move them then. Either way, they probably won't go lower, even if he doesn't light it up in Philly.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
ekuhockey13 said:

!!!!

If you're lucky enough to make money on a prospect who's WAY past his "prospect prime" you sell. You don't ask why, or fantasize about the player blowing up...., you sell.....

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
sheetskout said:
ekuhockey13 said:

!!!!

If you're lucky enough to make money on a prospect who's WAY past his "prospect prime" you sell. You don't ask why, or fantasize about the player blowing up...., you sell.....

Does he even count as a prospect any more?

Scans.jpg

Members online

Latest posts