Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Same Greinke card, different Greinke autographs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I know it happens from time to time that someone will have someone help them sign stuff for cards. Rasmus comes to mind. I'm sure there's a bunch more.

Just wondering about your thoughts on these. I wasn't really active when these came out, so I don't know if there were any discussions or conclusions. They look really different though.
I'd try to compare them to newer autos, but newer autographs look way different.

The one I see most often on ebay is the first one.

Do you think they are signed by different people? If so, which do you think is Zacks?

Greinke2002SPP1.jpg

Greinke2002SPP2.jpg

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Kevbo said:
I know it happens from time to time that someone will have someone help them sign stuff for cards. Rasmus comes to mind. I'm sure there's a bunch more.

Just wondering about your thoughts on these. I wasn't really active when these came out, so I don't know if there were any discussions or conclusions. They look really different though.
I'd try to compare them to newer autos, but newer autographs look way different.

The one I see most often on ebay is the first one.

Do you think they are signed by different people? If so, which do you think is Zacks?

Greinke2002SPP1.jpg

Greinke2002SPP2.jpg

I'd just bet the second was one of the first he signed, and the first was just rushed.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
They look Really different though. The Z's are different, it's on a different slant, the letters in greinke are way different, the finishing shooshs.. Usually the character of the sig stays in place.

Hard to imagine how someone could authenticate either if it was IP.

Especially when you look at ones Not from 2002

Here's 04 Topps
greinke.jpg

Followed by 09 ballpark.

Reason I started looking is I traded a guy at spring training a Prince Fielder ball for a Greinke ball.
I know the Prince was real, I got it myself, but I didnt see Greinke sign this ball, just looks odd..

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I'm sure it has, most do. Gallardo changed his up a bunch also. I think a good 80% of people do, looking at rookie autos and current autos.

However, I'm still convinced that the cards in the first post were signed by different people.
Now that I'm looking around, the second one looks like the one on his facsimile 2002 bowman, so I'm leaning towards that one actually being Zack's.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I am not sure what you are looking at but I dont see any slant difference what so ever. There is no doubt they are signed by the same person.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
The '04 to '09 one is just a changed sig... many players do that...

Here is a Perk from '07:

Picture1120.jpg

Here is a Perk from 2011 (IP):

Picture1007-2.jpg

And a few in between...

Here is a Trevor Plouffee from '04:
Picture1003-1.jpg

And one from 2011 (IP):

Picture1009-3.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Here are 3 Perks from the same year...:

Picture1072.jpg

Just looking at the Finest ones, notice how the top one drags a little and is a tad more sloppy than the bottom one?

Signed by same person... but nobody's sig is 100% the same each time.

Members online

Latest posts