Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Wednesday - April 6th, 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
Card Magnet said:
Good morning.

Enjoy the long weekend, Tim!
Thanks, I'm sure I will. Pirates home opener tomorrow and then to the big autograph show in New Jersey on Saturday.
The Pirates have a winning record right now, so enjoy the game that much more! :lol:

Have fun at the show, too! Any autographs in particular you'll be going after?

If I recall correctly, I think BG said that he'll have some Leaf Ultimate on display there. You should snap a picture for us so we can get a sneak peak.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:
[quote="Card Magnet":76hkh0kg]Good morning.

Enjoy the long weekend, Tim!
Thanks, I'm sure I will. Pirates home opener tomorrow and then to the big autograph show in New Jersey on Saturday.
The Pirates have a winning record right now, so enjoy the game that much more! :lol:

Have fun at the show, too! Any autographs in particular you'll be going after?

If I recall correctly, I think BG said that he'll have some Leaf Ultimate on display there. You should snap a picture for us so we can get a sneak peak.[/quote:76hkh0kg]
Pirate home openers are always fun, regardless of how bad they are playing.

For me, I'll be getting a Pitt mini helmet and Pitt jersey signed by Curtis Martin & Hines Ward on my 16x20. I'll also be getting a Pitt mini helmet signed by Curtis Martin for a buddy of mine, a Jerome Bettis full size authentic helmet for Wanker, and Mark Ingram on an Alabama mini helmet for my buddy's Heisman mini helmet collection.

I'll be taking plenty of pics, don't worry about that. I'll be meeting up with BG at the show.

PetestillRose

Jan 6, 2011
Morning all. The air raid sirens are going off like crazy and it sounds like they're giving announcements via the loudspeaker...what a fantastic way to start my day. Can't tell what they're saying though, here's hoping it doesn't include anything about "nuclear meltdown" "evacuation" or "invading Russians"

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Hola. Waiting on BGS results and 3 deliveries. Hopefully all will be known and received by Friday.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting. Someone is dumping a really badass VY collection on eBay. There's about 20 cards I want, including several I didn't even know existed.

There's a new player in the VY game, apparently. Someone has outbid me on every single card. Autos are already over $20 each

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
JoshHamilton said:
Interesting. Someone is dumping a really badass VY collection on eBay. There's about 20 cards I want, including several I didn't even know existed.

There's a new player in the VY game, apparently. Someone has outbid me on every single card. Autos are already over $20 each
Good luck man!!! Go get 'em!!!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
JoshHamilton said:

Not fun.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I'm still going to win what I want. It'll just be how much extra it costs me and how much I bitch about it afterward

There are 6 UT autos. I'm going to win the 3 Press Pass autos no matter what. The other 3 are stickers. I'm going to shoot for the 07 Saturday Stars auto/patch since it's /10 and I might not see one again. If not, the Playoff something. Foil board card, so the sticker doesn't look that horrendous

There are also several UT jerseys. I'm gonna win 4. Ones with different poses than the cards I already have. Sage has too many parallels

Hoping this will cost under $150. Probably closer to $200 though

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
I'm still going to win what I want. It'll just be how much extra it costs me and how much I bitch about it afterward

There are 6 UT autos. I'm going to win the 3 Press Pass autos no matter what. The other 3 are stickers. I'm going to shoot for the 07 Saturday Stars auto/patch since it's /10 and I might not see one again. If not, the Playoff something. Foil board card, so the sticker doesn't look that horrendous

There are also several UT jerseys. I'm gonna win 4. Ones with different poses than the cards I already have. Sage has too many parallels

Good luck with that. I have accepted the fact that sometimes I am going to have to pay more than what I want or what something should've sold for. At the end of the day I like your approach. If it is limited, do what it takes to get it or kick yourself a year from now when you do not see another copy over that stretch. I have a card that should be on the way. Did I overpay? Probably. Is it worth the extra cash to avoid the frustration of not getting it? Absolutely.

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:

I feel your pain, there are a couple people who have started collecting Cooper recently, driving up some of the prices. At least I already have just about all of them so I lucked out and didn't have them costing me more all season

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
RITM said:
JoshHamilton said:

Good luck with that. I have accepted the fact that sometimes I am going to have to pay more than what I want or what something should've sold for. At the end of the day I like your approach. If it is limited, do what it takes to get it or kick yourself a year from now when you do not see another copy over that stretch. I have a card that should be on the way. Did I overpay? Probably. Is it worth the extra cash to avoid the frustration of not getting it? Absolutely.

I feel bad for you. You've spent more on one Manning card than I've spent on my entire VY collection. I pay $15 for most of my autos and $3-4 on game used

This will be the most I've dropped at one time since 2006. Oh well, I'll have to cancel my 4 box 2011 UD order.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Good luck on the Vince haul JH.

Got my first Leaf Metal card today. Great looking, quality card. Seller fingerprinted the ************ all up though. The surface is so sensitive, if you even look at it wrong it will smudge it up.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Mother in law gave me my birthday present today. A bottle of Chevis Regal luxury scotch whisky in a gift box with two glasses. Not really my style and I have no clue, is the stuff any good???

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
J-Rod said:
Anyone have mail today?

Was gonna save everything I have incoming up for a mailday post but but since you asked, I'll post my crap...

NEW007.jpg

NEW006.jpg

NEW005.jpg