Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are the odds of this happening!!?? (leaf cut auto)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
So about a year ago I pulled this card from Leaf celebrity cuts. Cool card:
-dual cut Jack Haley / Buddy Ebsen #3/3
DSC01543.jpg

Today, I go to the shop and figured what the hell, I'll try a pack of Leaf celebrity encore. Look what I pull! Again, cool card, but it would have been GREAT to get something different... Two different products, two IDENTICAL cut autos. Even the checks used are the same. Only difference is the date and money amount on the checks. I like this card, but not so sure the same EXACT card should have been made two products in a row. Comments??
-dual cut Jack Haley / Buddy Ebsen #4/5
dejavu.jpg

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
1st4040 said:
when it comes to you and Leaf products Ty the odds increase a bit over the average buyer :lol:

This is the weirdest thing I can remember happening in any product recently. Identical cards from two seperate products, but #d lower than 5. This HAS to be some kind of record...lol

Really do wish it was a different combination of actors though. I'm not a fan of identical cards in separate products. I don't see the point.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
As much as we would like; it appears that there is an intellectual ceiling to originality and design concepts.

$(KGrHqJ,!lQE2EKf0J2tBNlllFFOqw~~_12.jpg$(KGrHqZ,!m!E2EGh+JCnBNlVYU7Op!~~_3.jpg

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Captain Feathersword said:
Geez Ty, if you only had a heart...

HAHA!! I like that! :lol:

Seriously though, this really shows lack of creativity IMO. I mean, they are nice cards, don't get me wrong. It's just... They are the SAME freaking card... :lol: I know the odds are astromical (figures I pull them both...lol)... Eh, I'm just going to have to sell or trade one of the two.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Ty Hope said:
[quote="Captain Feathersword":3k0kz8r7]Geez Ty, if you only had a heart...

HAHA!! I like that! :lol:

Seriously though, this really shows lack of creativity IMO. I mean, they are nice cards, don't get me wrong. It's just... They are the SAME freaking card... :lol: I know the odds are astronomical (figures I pull them both...lol)... Eh, I'm just going to have to sell or trade one of the two.[/quote:3k0kz8r7]

You still have Roberto ;)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
You can send me a Buddy Ebsen :D

He is a favorite actor of mine. Made the Beverly Hillbillies awesome.

I remember when he died...

Interesting pulls though. You should hire some math geek to figure out the odds of that happening.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
You can send me a Buddy Ebsen :D

He is a favorite actor of mine. Made the Beverly Hillbillies awesome.

I remember when he died...

Interesting pulls though. You should hire some math geek to figure out the odds of that happening.

Yeah, I love that show! I'm going to be trading the one I pulled today. I love the card, but no need for two!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Geez, George, any chance you can jump on Brian Gray, you'll do it, won't you?

The two actors are both linked as the "Tin Men", so it makes sense to put them both on the same card. OBVIOUSLY, BG had a bunch of these autos when he sold Razor and obviously brought them with him to Leaf. SInce they were in his inventory, what should he do with them?

UD Legendary Cuts keeps putting out Bob Lemon cuts. . . bottom line is that there are a ton of these cut autographs, and there's nothing wrong with them putting out the same dupe 2 years straight. You wouldn't complain if it was a Marilyn Monroe/Joe DiMaggio dual, would you?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
Geez, George, any chance you can jump on Brian Gray, you'll do it, won't you?

The two actors are both linked as the "Tin Men", so it makes sense to put them both on the same card. OBVIOUSLY, BG had a bunch of these autos when he sold Razor and obviously brought them with him to Leaf. SInce they were in his inventory, what should he do with them?

UD Legendary Cuts keeps putting out Bob Lemon cuts. . . bottom line is that there are a ton of these cut autographs, and there's nothing wrong with them putting out the same dupe 2 years straight. You wouldn't complain if it was a Marilyn Monroe/Joe DiMaggio dual, would you?

Not really complaining because I do like the combo a lot. Very cool card. I think they should have put all of them in one product with a print run of /8 instead of breaking them up /3 and /5. Just my opinion.
I voice my opinions about Leaf, but definitely do not hate them. If I did, I wouldn't continue to buy their products. I'd like them to succeed and as BG has said, he wants to hear our feedback. No intention of turning this into an all out Leaf hate thread. Just thought the odds of my two pulls was crazy and I'm not a fan of identical dual cuts in different products.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Ty Hope said:
[quote="Jeff N.":2v8ex7aj]Geez, George, any chance you can jump on Brian Gray, you'll do it, won't you?

Not really complaining because I do like the combo a lot. Very cool card. I think they should have put all of them in one product with a print run of /8 instead of breaking them up /3 and /5. Just my opinion.
I voice my opinions about Leaf, but definitely do not hate them. If I did, I wouldn't continue to buy their products. I'd like them to succeed and as BG has said, he wants to hear our feedback. No intention of turning this into an all out Leaf hate thread. Just thought the odds of my two pulls was crazy and I'm not a fan of identical dual cuts in different products.[/quote:2v8ex7aj]

The venom is being spewed by George, not you.

The simple business reason, I can assume, that they weren't put together as an /8 and rather split up was so that the next series of cut autos could include them as well as a potential draw. Again, I'm sure UD has a nice collection of, say, 300 cut Mantle autos, but they're not going to put them all in one product.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
[quote="Ty Hope":1mmfc1np][quote="Jeff N.":1mmfc1np]Geez, George, any chance you can jump on Brian Gray, you'll do it, won't you?

I voice my opinions about Leaf, but definitely do not hate them. If I did, I wouldn't continue to buy their products. I'd like them to succeed and as BG has said, he wants to hear our feedback. No intention of turning this into an all out Leaf hate thread. Just thought the odds of my two pulls was crazy and I'm not a fan of identical dual cuts in different products.[/quote:1mmfc1np]

The simple business reason, I can assume, that they weren't put together as an /8 and rather split up was so that the next series of cut autos could include them as well as a potential draw. Again, I'm sure UD has a nice collection of, say, 300 cut Mantle autos, but they're not going to put them all in one product.[/quote:1mmfc1np]

I hear you, and if it was a single cut, I think it's OK. Duals are different. The combination of the two is unique, and therefore I think splitting them up takes away from that. They could have matched Jack Haley up with someone else (another Oz member?) for a dual in the second product. Or Buddy Ebsen with another Hillbillys cast member. TONS of options out there for duals.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Which one are you keeping?

The one #d to 3 just because its back in the US and I dont have it with me. Personally I think the one #d to 5 looks better.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
One is Leaf, one is Razor. They are two different companies who have nothing to do with each other. This is no different than if Topps and Upper Deck both had a card with Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth (or any two of the same players).

^ I say that a little tongue in cheek.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
beefycheddar said:
Jeff N. said:

What venom has George spewed? Keep away from the personal attacks.

It's not a personal attack, it's a commentary based on facts and HIS attacks on Gray's company. And true to form, once called on it, he does a 180 and posts a positive about Leaf.

Members online

Latest posts