Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hey Topps, How many stickers did George Kell sign???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
For those of you who are not aware of who George Kell is, he is a HOFer who died in March 2009. Yet his sticker autos have shown up in the '10 Triple Threads and tribute. Now once again in 2011 Tribute. I realize having a deceased HOFer in your sets is a draw. Assuming such a high price item can stay around that long, will I still be seeing George Kell autos in 2015 Topps Tribute?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Don't forget, these guys didn't earn insane salaries, so the baseball card business is one of the ways they were able to make decent money. I'm sure he signed a ton of stickers for Topps. If I were him, I would have done the same thing.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I already did. I have a stack of 3x5 cards in my desk with my autograph on them. If I somehow become famous and die, or vice versa, my heirs are set. Whoever they are.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Card Magnet said:
It's nice that they have the stickers to do it rather than have to cut up a photo that ends up looking like crap as a cut auto.

Kell signed so much that it will be a long time before they get to cutting up pictures. Panini is sitting on a bunch of stickers too.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
UD rep told my store last year actually bragged about it they had 3,000 Jerry West Stickers in reserve in case he died

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
chashawk said:
each sheet is probably 30 labels, so they may have 1,000s of many players

These appear to have 25. I agree, I bet they have so many stockpiled. Why not? Money in the bank for them.

neshek.jpg

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Jeff N. said:
Wow. That coffee table is 250x signed. Gotta be worth a lot.
No, those are stickers....but they blend in well with the design of the table......lol

bmc398

May 25, 2009
cubuffs13 said:
bmc398 said:
cubuffs13 said:
bmc398 said:
Jeff N. said:
Wow. That coffee table is 250x signed. Gotta be worth a lot.
No, those are stickers....but they blend in well with the design of the table......lol

I think you missed the sarcasm in that comment.
I think you missed the sarcasm in MY comment...

Probably
The whole....oh I hate stickers but it does blend in well with the design of this card bit....

Members online

Latest posts