Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gordon Beckham 1/1 Auto Pulled.......again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I guess this is 1/1 Beckham week.

Broke my own rule and busted a box today at the local show.

Pulled the Beckham AND the gold ref auto in the same box.

The other cards are just part of the scan.

I already posted this in the box breaks section, but for those chromies that want to know what's still in the product, i figured this was main board post worthy.

beckhamVilla.jpg

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Lally1 said:
What a terrible break, I feel your pain bud. :lol:

Thanks man, sometimes its just not your day :)

As far as adding a story to this, I noticed the gold border right away, and was able to hide the card behind the chrome in front of it. That way i could save teh big hit for the last pack. (weird thing i do).

So i'm opening and opening, and i hit a pack where i noticed there was just one bowman regular card then the 2 bowman prospect cards, i knew something was up and boom, saw the beckham plate. I was stoked.

There were still two chromes in this pack,which means the plate hadn't taken the place of a chrome auto, but of a bowman base card...........AWESOME, i might still have a chrome auto waiting for me.

Well i get thru the whole box with no chrome auto, and i remember the gold....oh man, maybe ITS an auto?

Well i slide the card in front of it to reveal it's a blue border,,,YES

then i accidentally see that it IS and auto,,,,YES

Then i slide to see the team name, hoping for san fran, florida, or chisox,,,,,,,,,Milwaukee,,,,,,OH its that fredrickson kid, not bad.

I'll take a first rounder gold ref from this product any day. (considering there's what 5 of them?).

Does anyone else do the save the big hit for last when you're able to notice it ahead of time?

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Mudcatsfan said:
Does anyone else do the save the big hit for last when you're able to notice it ahead of time?

Yes, absolutely. Almost every time. Call me crazy, but when I notice a gold border or better card I'll start naming the names of the people I want it to be before I slide the card out for full view. The one time I did that and it turned out to be a Red Refractor of David Price...well that made it all worth it. :)

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Mudcatsfan said:

Yes, absolutely. Almost every time. Call me crazy, but when I notice a gold border or better card I'll start naming the names of the people I want it to be before I slide the card out for full view. The one time I did that and it turned out to be a Red Refractor of David Price...well that made it all worth it. :)

Glad to know i'm not the only one.

It all started back in the day with 2000 UD rookie update.

I tried to do it with the 2000 SPX, I pulled another CONGRATULATIONS,,,,,so i know it's an auto,,,,,,,slide it a bit more,,,,,,,IT"S an oakland A's pitcher!!!!! Ok, big reveal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,......but it was Justin Miller.

Then i tried it again,,,,,,,,,,,All my mental powers,,,,,,,,,,made sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It was ZITO!!!!!!!!!!

This story is way cooler like 5 years ago :)

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Adamsince1981 said:
I usually save the big hit for last. Nice story and great pulls.

Will the Beckham reach eBay?

Both the Xfractor and the 1/1 plate will be up next week.

I have a good feeling about him, but i'm gonna try & raise some funds for a big project I'm working on.

Mudcats will be selling quite a bit this spring.

Get ready for the onslaught :)

Members online

Latest posts