Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Bowman 2006 UD Special FX and 2007 Elements breaks WHEW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
These came from the seller posted previously by Roy, Hive17 and a few others. Lots of cheaper early-mid 2000 boxes and I took my shot with a few.

2002 Bowman--not really sure why I went with this one, but here's the results:

2011_0002.jpg

That's a dud break even in 2002.

2006 UD Special FX. Love this stuff, and I nailed it for a $5 BIN. Figured I can't go wrong! 3 autos, 2 GU per box, usually two inserts per pack. For a set of 1,000 cards, I got about 28 base. I don't think anyone would complete this set!

2011_0004.jpg

purp.jpg

purp_0001.jpg

2011_0005.jpg

2011_0006.jpg

2011_0007.jpg

2011_0003.jpg
2011a.jpg

And my unnumbered Blue...

blu.jpg

All those numbered cards, and not a keeper in the lot! :evil: At least I got two good GU--the autos are pretty terrible! But for $5, it was worth taking a shot. Got nothing great for base, either. Beckett and Anybody needs anything (except for the Pujols and a few other inserts) PM me.

The Final box was the best. 2007 UD Elements. I don't usually get to purchase these high-ticket type boxes, but for $55 (minus the $15 eBay card I bought for $7 the day before) I thought it would be worth a shot. These come in three boxes--Ripken, Griffey and Jeter--and each box is a special type of card technology.

Ripken box:

2011_0009.jpg

Also got base of Papi, D. Lee, J. Weaver, Helton, Berkman, R. Durham, Tejada, A. Jones, Wright, and Thome. Theriot--yuck, Wood--meh, the Scratch-off card--what should I do with it? Open to suggestions.

Jeter Box (the plastic cards):

2011_0008.jpg

Base cards included Tejada, Dunn, Berkman, Vlad, Fielder (2!), Santana, Wright, Howard, A. Gonzalez, and Durham. Peavy is okay, Montero is a dud, but I like the cards. On to the Griffey!

Griffey Box:

2011_0010.jpg

Base of Teahen, Reyes, Chipper, Ortiz, Dunn, Santana, Dye, A. Gonzalez, S. Drew, and Cabrera. Gotta laugh at pulling Manny in light of recent developments. :lol: And pulling the Delmon (not)rookie and the press plate is pretty cool! I'd buy another box for $55 if I could. Love that I got each Pujols, and the plate is begging to go to Twinsfest next February.

I also bought one lot of 1978 Topps in pages. He had three different auctions going like this, and I thought I got the best lot--for a buck. got 116 cards, including these...

2011.jpg

2011_0001.jpg

Think I came out on top there! Thanks for looking at such a long post!

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Those prize cards are not redeemable, way too old. Most of them were song downloads I think, I redeemed mine back then and got a game used baseball from game 6 of the '02 ALCS.

G

Who would you trade the Delmon plate for, or how much would you sell for?

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Hmmm... Not sure about trading/selling the plate. I think it would look great signed. Since I'm a Twins collector like you, we probably have the same lists and likes. But, never say never. Shoot me a list of a few goodies you're willing to trade, if you are so inclined.

G

I have an extra Span Chicle auto, and a Shannon Stewart plate in my bucket, it's not letting me see the pictures though now because of maintenance, but it's in there a few pages back, LMK if you're interested in them

lawhs89

Apr 3, 2011
I remember that Elements redemption (I got it via NPN). It was a used ball from Opening Day, but wow, with that official "UDA" sticker, it sold for $70. Was shocked.

Members online

Latest posts