Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay finally doing something that makes sense.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
bowmanchromeandorr said:
are you actually expecting people to respond with positive comments. eve the first comment is a back door slam against ebay.

it sounds like a good idea in theory

I'm expecting people to watch the video, and post opinions about the video.

I don't give a flying flip if you guys like ebay or not.

allow me to expand my thoughts. i believe the video shows that ebay is willing to make a change to what makes sense based upon a history of abuse of their current system. which i think is a fantastic idea. although they fail to show this insight in other areas of the system that are abused as well. which shows that they place the weight of importance on the customer as opposed to the sales force. i also appreciate them using the gentleman from the christian childrens fund to parlay their thoughts.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Haven't they had this policy in place for a while now? I remember getting emails from some sellers asking me to leave feedback so they could receive their funds.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
bowmanchromeandorr said:
are you actually expecting people to respond with positive comments. eve the first comment is a back door slam against ebay.

it sounds like a good idea in theory

I'm expecting people to watch the video, and post opinions about the video.

I don't give a flying flip if you guys like ebay or not.

Since he was being so vague about the specific details, it sounded like he is saying unless you are a Top Rated seller funds would be held for a certain period of time. The worse your ratings are the longer they will hold them.

Again, he was not clear but that is what I took from it which would be a bit crazy and a huge change to ebay. If I were a new seller it would turn me away from the site.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'd be turned away from the site if I were a new seller as well.

Sounds to me like just another way for eBay to make money off its sellers.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

That is what they do. It's kinda how they pay bills. There is nothing wrong with making money.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
cgilmo said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

That is what they do. It's kinda how they pay bills. There is nothing wrong with making money.

Agree, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just commenting that this change is more for them than it is for their customers.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Again this isn't a new change, this has been going on for over a year. Last year I got way too many emails from new sellers asking me to leave feedback before they shipped so they could use the funds to ship with.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Lifelongfan said:
Nothing new---and I have a whole lotta problem with the way Ebay makes money---I guess you dont.

Then dont use it. Ebay takes fees for giving you access to millions of potential buyers and that service gives them the ability to make money. If you dont like it, I'm sure you can find another platform to give you access to that many customers, world wide if you choose.

Wes

OG
Administrator
phillyfan0417 said:
Lifelongfan said:
Nothing new---and I have a whole lotta problem with the way Ebay makes money---I guess you dont.

Then dont use it. Ebay takes fees for giving you access to millions of potential buyers and that service gives them the ability to make money. If you dont like it, I'm sure you can find another platform to give you access to that many customers, world wide if you choose.

Agreed.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
phillyfan0417 said:
Lifelongfan said:

Exactly. Obviously no one likes to pay fees, but ultimately the service they provide is well worth the money.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
cgilmo said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Chris, your defense of ebay, even if it is just about them making money is very odd.
sometimes i wonder whose side your on.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
boomo said:
cgilmo said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Chris, your defense of ebay, even if it is just about them making money is very odd.
sometimes i wonder whose side your on.

Simple, the better ebay does for cards, the better FCB does $$$.

Members online

Latest posts