Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My day today at Dodger Stadium

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
First off I saw a great game. An absolutely amazing pitching matchup between Carpenter and Billingsley. Both Holiday and Kemp stayed hot and Kemp eventually won it on a walk off home run. A no doubter. I was sitting in the Dugout Club, first row behind the Cardinals Dugout. (All you can eat food at the buffet inside the restaurant. Was able to rack some good autographs due to the great seats and limited amount of people that are allowed there. The seats belonged to a friend of mine, but I was able to snag some autographs while I was down there. Obviously there are some premium players on not so premium items, but I am working on signed sets (including the victory and projections.

cardinalsautos.jpg

Also got their first baseman to sign a ball

e2eb69df.jpg

and this

SportsIllustratedPujolsauto.jpg

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
That's a great haul for a MLB game. You may want to photoshop your personal information off the SI magazine.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I agree with the dude above me. MLB games are tough to get autographs, especially in the amount you got them in. Nice haul

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nice! Amazing you got Albert. But that guy has to be one of the most inconsistent signers. His sig changes so much....

Steve, did you ask him to sign the ball on the sweet spot? I went to Saturday's game but I didn't even try to get autos since I had loge seats. I hate dodger stadium because they won't let you enter on the field level unless you have field seats.

Did you stick around after the game for any autos?

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Campos, absolutely. I've never enjoyed the set-up for fans and Doyer land unless you had the seats I was able to get on Sunday. I didn't stay after the game, figured the day was good enough already. I believe I saw Pujols doing sweetspot if you asked, but I got the magazine and I got my roommate to get the ball because he really could care less. It all happened so quick I wasn't able to tell him to ask for SS, but I could really careless. Still looks great.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
You double dipped Albert....Impressive I have never got Albert to sign for free for me. I have used all kinds of tactics, His charity shirt, backwards Pujols jersey, Signs saying Fan Since April '01, and yelling PLEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEE. I have seen him sign though a few times but that gets deep and quick and I was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. I may have a plan later this year, there are a few kids in the Special Education classes at my school who absolutely adore Albert, I would buy them and their parents tix to the game then try to get Albert to sign for them, they would get to meet their hero and get his autograph and have it to keep. Then Albert would be like wow you payed for these guys to come how cool... then rack for me on 2 cards. It is a nice dream but everything would have to be in perfect order for it to work. Then there is the question of am I using these kids to try to get myself an autograph. I genuinely would like them to expirence a baseball game and who don't have fun at a game? sorry for the long rambling/story/plan

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
PujolsCollector said:
You double dipped Albert....Impressive I have never got Albert to sign for free for me. I have used all kinds of tactics, His charity shirt, backwards Pujols jersey, Signs saying Fan Since April '01, and yelling PLEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEE. I have seen him sign though a few times but that gets deep and quick and I was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. I may have a plan later this year, there are a few kids in the Special Education classes at my school who absolutely adore Albert, I would buy them and their parents tix to the game then try to get Albert to sign for them, they would get to meet their hero and get his autograph and have it to keep. Then Albert would be like wow you payed for these guys to come how cool... then rack for me on 2 cards. It is a nice dream but everything would have to be in perfect order for it to work. Then there is the question of am I using these kids to try to get myself an autograph. I genuinely would like them to expirence a baseball game and who don't have fun at a game? sorry for the long rambling/story/plan
Nice! Using mentally retarded children to get a couple of auto's! Sahweet.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
PujolsCollector said:
I may have a plan later this year, there are a few kids in the Special Education classes at my school who absolutely adore Albert, I would buy them and their parents tix to the game then try to get Albert to sign for them, they would get to meet their hero and get his autograph and have it to keep. Then Albert would be like wow you payed for these guys to come how cool... then rack for me on 2 cards.
This had to be quoted :lol:

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
boxbreaker44 said:
PujolsCollector said:
I may have a plan later this year, there are a few kids in the Special Education classes at my school who absolutely adore Albert, I would buy them and their parents tix to the game then try to get Albert to sign for them, they would get to meet their hero and get his autograph and have it to keep. Then Albert would be like wow you payed for these guys to come how cool... then rack for me on 2 cards.
Lol it is an insane idea and probably not considered by many to be a rational thought but I have to stay ahead of the game with crazy ways to try and get an autograph. :D

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
PujolsCollector said:
boxbreaker44 said:
PujolsCollector said:
Lol it is an insane idea and probably not considered by many to be a rational thought but I have to stay ahead of the game with crazy ways to try and get an autograph. :D
Just wait until he has some type of charitable event, dress up like a "high net worth individual" and sneak in. Charity schmarity. Get your autos son.

IndyMann said:
PujolsCollector said:
Nice! Using mentally retarded children to get a couple of auto's! Sahweet.

bryce harper is comin into town for 4 games next month. Im thinking of wearing an eye patch and bicking my head. Any kind of sympathy as he has been a hard signer since hes been with hagerstown. I once saw a guy take a wheel chair out of his trunk, hence he walked fine to the parking meter, then get in the wheel chair before Bruce Springsteen arrived, Bruce stopped and signed for him and only him. So yes, there are things people will do. Anybody have any young kids i can rent for 4 days? I will supply the 16x20's and baseballs. ;)

Members online

Latest posts