Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Huge addition in today - vintage Mantle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
This is not only my first vintage Mantle, but also only my third vintage card period. I'm not sure on the potential grade, although I would hope a 4 or 5. This came via a trade to a die-hard Allen and Ginter collector.

1961 Topps #300 Mickey Mantle
normal_1962toppsmantle.jpg
normal_1962mantleback.jpg

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
jpruitt2 said:
Nice card. What did you trade for it?

A 2007 Allen and Ginter Ken Griffey Jr no-number mini

The trader is a collecting friend, and he knew I was starting to collect a little bit of Mantle. He was the one who offered up the card, which shocked me.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
ffgameman said:
jpruitt2 said:
Nice card. What did you trade for it?

A 2007 Allen and Ginter Ken Griffey Jr no-number mini

The trader is a collecting friend, and he knew I was starting to collect a little bit of Mantle. He was the one who offered up the card, which shocked me.

STEAL!!!!!

Great trade!!!

jrb

Mar 1, 2011
San Mateo, CA
Nice pick up and great trade. It's not a 5 but I think it's better than a 2. I'd say it would grade a 3 or maybe a 4. I can't tell from the scan but that mark on the back might bump you down. It's hard to tell without seeing it in person.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ffgameman said:
This is not only my first vintage Mantle, but also only my third vintage card period. I'm not sure on the potential grade, although I would hope a 4 or 5. This came via a trade to a die-hard Allen and Ginter collector.

....and not your last, correct? ;)

Nice addition :cool:

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
scotty21690 said:
ffgameman said:

....and not your last, correct? ;)

Nice addition :cool:

Hopefully not, although it will likely be a good while before I pick up another.

Regardless of the low grade I might very well go ahead and grade it.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Id say 2 or 3
Nice clean honest wear collector grade card, like all 1961 cards should look like if they were played with like intended. Nice pickup.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts