Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rare GU - a follow up - Mathewson/McGraw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Thought it was interesting, after our lengthy discussion on rare GU this week, two pieces are up for auction tomorrow night.

The Mathewson Pants card is already well up there - [phil:3o76exlz]220770914878[/phil:3o76exlz], the McGraw bat still a bit more affordable - [phil:3o76exlz]220770835073[/phil:3o76exlz]

anyone think the Mathewson will top two bills?

G

If history is any indication, the McGraw should end for $50-$75. Though people have rediscovered the set and have been bidding on them. It helps that McGraw hasn't had a bat since. It begs the question though. If Topps did have a McGraw bat, why did they only produce a couple of bat cards in Topps 206? Did authenticity questions come to mind after the release that caused them to halt production? Did they buy the remnants of a bat? It just seems that they could have gotten him int Tribute and Gallery HOF, where he was featured in the base set.

As for Mathewson, the bidding on that is pretty strong. Usually $150 is where they end. I could have had one in 2007 for $75 and balked because I was holding out for 2001 Legends of New York (now a $300+ card). If it went over $200, that'd be strong for that card. Chris Levy style bidding, so I'd give a tip of my cap to anyone who wants to go $200+ on it. Especially when there's a couple sitting up in BIN last I checked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts