Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

players and post career media value question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i have noticed that since nomar retired there has been a spike in prices of autos, large lots, rare inserts, and serial numbered parallels. his rookies have had minimal movement... his prices seemed to bottom out during his stint with the a's and seemed to be on the spiral down along with his performance. the only thing i can think of that would add any life back into his cards is the time he spends on espn breaking down the games. has anyone noticed if any of the other players who went on to be television personalities have seen a similar increase? and was it a short term thing or turn to market value?

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
I haven't noticed too much of a change with Schilling since he started doing Baseball Tonight. It definitely helps to keep that player in collector's minds though and sometimes they're willing to pay a little extra just so that they can have something of that particular player.

Members online

Latest posts