Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors: Anyone collect a guy that...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Has no GU cards?

I just realized Bucky Jacobsen has zero GU. Didn't even realize it until now :lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I always assumed Kevin Orie didn't have any GU'ed cards but never checked until now and I was correct he does not.

I also learned that he only has 263 cards.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Greg Cleveland said:
Gary Gaetti has no GU. A few cert autos, but no GU. For a Gold Glove winner, he would fit the concept, but none yet.

With all those multi-player GU cards out there, how can there not be one with Puckett, Hrbek and Gaetti? You'd think there would be tons of those!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
all five of my guys have a plethora of them each. fortunately im not focusing on g/u, autos or 1/1s!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
There's at least five I can think of: Jerry Remy, Chili Davis, Ted Simmons, Darnell McDonald, and Dick Pole. Granted, the last two guys only have a handful of cards to begin with, and I collect Pole as a joke, but none of them have any GU as far as I can find. I didn't see any for Bob Boone, either, but he might have one somewhere that I missed.

I collect anyone named Jeremy, since there aren't too many who share my name, and most were lousy. Plenty of those guys didn't have any GU, but they really don't count.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
VizquelCollector said:
Yep, Charles Nagy and John McDonald. :(

Wow that's surprising. Really surprising. Didn't he retire in the middle of the last decade? Surely Donruss Champions or Pacific got a g/u in there :lol:

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Matheny has no game used at all. I'm hoping they include him in some kind of Gold Glove winner set or something.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Just started a PC of Willie Blair (don't ask, LOL)

No Game Used, and only 3 Certified Autos (1996 Leaf Signature Gold/Silver/Bronze) and only 11 numbered cards. Total of 134 different cards.

Nothing big, but lets me pick up a few of the cooler 90's inserts like Super Rave, Pacific Platinum Blue, and the Leaf Sigs.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Glad I'm not alone.

I kinda like not having to chase them but sorta wish there were a few patches maybe. I do have 3 full GU jerseys (2 minor league and 1 home from 2004) and a few bats.

Members online

Latest posts