Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC really needs to allow sellers to talk to buyers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm so sick of this one dude offering THE SAME PRICE for the SAME CARD EVERY DAY.

I tried counter offering a reasonable price and he just countered with even a lower offer. So now I just reject them, but he offers away every day.

I have to chalk it up to the fact that he just scours COMC every day for good deals and offers to buy cards to whatever catches his eye, not realizing he's offering me the same price every day.

Either way, it's rather annoying that I cannot communicate with this buyer and tell him either:

A). I'm not going below a certain price.
B). He's a ******* imbecile.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
I've had this happen too. Eventually I just ended up raising the asking price on the card so that they couldn't make their offer anymore.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Yeah it sucks. I've resorted to jacking my prices up a lot just so the 50% offer is halfway acceptable. I don't jack them all up that much, but it really slows the BS down on the harder to find items.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
No kidding! Although I would end up sending some potential buyers emails full of nothing but HAHAHAHAHAHAHA when I get offers of $3 for $40 BV cards that I'm already marking down 65%. Or maybe I could send emails questioning the sanity of the guys who make lowball offers than I accept, just to move old inventory I can't sell, and then proceed to try and sell those cards at 100%-400% of BV.

Seriously though, a PM system there would do nothing but benefit everyone. If someone makes me an offer for a card they really want, and aren't planning on flipping, then a simple PM would do the job every time. Really, anything to help sellers sell more cards is a good thing.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
From a buying standpoint, it stinks that I can't make an offer unless I have funds in my account. I would make a lot more offers if I could pay if they are accepted, ala eBay BO.

Also made me mad that I have a $1 left over from a previous transaction, but couldn't use it when I bought a card for like $10. You either have to pay all by paypal, or all by funds in your account. Can't mix the two methods to pay partially by account funds, partially by paypal.

timthomas

Oct 22, 2009
I thought they had an automatic decline if you like. I try to offer someone 50% of there sell price but it stated that he would would not accept offers any less then 15%

Jojo

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
JVC said:
I've had this happen too. Eventually I just ended up raising the asking price on the card so that they couldn't make their offer anymore.

Ha, didn't even think of this. I am against raising a price once an offer is made, even if a deal doesn't go through.

But in this case, it's a good idea. Thanks!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
timthomas said:
I thought they had an automatic decline if you like. I try to offer someone 50% of there sell price but it stated that he would would not accept offers any less then 15%

Jojo

I'm not against people offering 50% of the price I have listed, so I leave it be. That doesn't mean I'm going to sell it 50% off either. I'm willing to negotiate.

If you don't like my counter, no sweat, move on. But don't offer me the same damn price every day :lol:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
gracecollector said:
From a buying standpoint, it stinks that I can't make an offer unless I have funds in my account. I would make a lot more offers if I could pay if they are accepted, ala eBay BO.

Also made me mad that I have a $1 left over from a previous transaction, but couldn't use it when I bought a card for like $10. You either have to pay all by paypal, or all by funds in your account. Can't mix the two methods to pay partially by account funds, partially by paypal.

Yes, that is extremely annoying for buyers. I'm not sure why buyers can't just add the cards they want, go to check out, and log into paypal and pay like other sites.

On the other hand, a big plus with COMC is you can add a whole mess of cards from one seller into the cart and make an offer as a whole lot.

I really like that option.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
timthomas said:

Jojo

You have to use one of their pay services for that option.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
What I do in this same situation is just leave the offer open since it locks up money in their account. :twisted:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
timthomas said:

Jojo

Yea this is true. Guys has a Belle listed which I wanted to offer on and it said he doesn't accept anything less than 15%.

Members online

Latest posts