Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Don't be duped by this seller...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I got duped by the seller. My own fault, I admit, I didnt read the body. I paid, put my tail between my legs and accepted defeat. Most of his titles are VERY misleading. Then to top it all off, I was in a rush leaving feedback and didnt put what I wanted to!

I had planned on leaving positive but typing "very misleading title" in all caps or something.

I paid $6 for 5 Milestone base cards #'d/150, thinking I was buying 400 of them. I took the most expensive ones of course.

This poor chum is paying at least $12 for 5...

He does it with football cards as well.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I really wouldn't call it misleading, his description in the body is pretty clear.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
jrinne said:
I really wouldn't call it misleading, his description in the body is pretty clear.

Bingo! The OP should have read the auction description....the seller has positive feedback on multiple auctions with similar titles.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I think you guys clearly know what the seller's intentions are. Like I said, I didn't put up a fight b/c it was my own fault I didn't read the body. I admitted that. I even left him positive feedback.

If you notice on some of the other positive feedbacks, other buyers are thinking the same thing.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
markakis8 said:
I think you guys clearly know what the seller's intentions are. Like I said, I didn't put up a fight b/c it was my own fault I didn't read the body. I admitted that. I even left him positive feedback.

If you notice on some of the other positive feedbacks, other buyers are thinking the same thing.
It's basic reading.

In regards to the other buyers...it doesn't seem like those intellectuals are a crew you want to be associating with.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
in all honesty, the auction is pretty straight fwd. these type of auctions are very common nowadays

G

DaleMurphyCollector said:
muchuckwagon said:
DaleMurphyCollector said:
I wasn't duped. I read the auction description and it seems pretty clear to me.

Yeah but I was able to tick you into taking off your pants last night! :eek:

That's a whole different kind of duping.
Actually that is called doping not duping. Did that drink taste a little weird last night?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
It's pretty clear in bright red ink, "you get to pick 5!!!!!!!!"

Even if I'm only buying a $5 card, I read the auction thoroughly, and if there's something I don't understand, i ask the seller. If they don't respond, I don't buy.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I don't think the intent was to mislead. If you look at his feedback, you can see that he has run plenty of auctions with "Pick 5" in the title. This was a case of him running out of characters. I think he only has 1 character left. Anyway, he clearly wrote (in red letters no less) what the deal was in the description and you should've read the description. Case closed.

Latest posts