Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper easy/hard to get for an IP auto?-Anyone get him yest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Re: Is Harper easy/hard to get for an IP auto?

Also need a good site to buy official MLB baseballs. Forgot where I bought my last dozen.

Thanks!

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland

I live 8 miles away from Suns stadium and still have not made it to a game yet. I am trying to go this week some time so I will let you know if I have any success.

G

Easy, no one has heard of him

G

jondawg04 said:
99% sure he will only sign for kids now.
Basically anyone younger than him then?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

Not sure if he still personalizes everything, but I will say this...he's extremely observant when it comes to people asking for multiples and will remember people a day or two later. It's fairly impressive some of the interactions I saw when was with Team USA here in Raleigh.

The kid wants to be a star and knows that stars sign autographs...he should be receptive, but if you get greedy...he'll let you know. If you press the issue...he'll call you on it.

(NOTE: I don't view any of the above as a negative.)

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ

200lbhockeyplayer said:
Not sure if he still personalizes everything, but I will say this...he's extremely observant when it comes to people asking for multiples and will remember people a day or two later. It's fairly impressive some of the interactions I saw when was with Team USA here in Raleigh.

The kid wants to be a star and knows that stars sign autographs...he should be receptive, but if you get greedy...he'll let you know. If you press the issue...he'll call you on it.

I don't blame him for that some guys are ridiculous in asking for players to sign multiple photos/cards/balls. I have never asked a player to sign more than 1 item each time but, have gone back the next day and tried. I might try to get an extra or two from a player that might be a star just to pay for the hobby of getting IP signed official MLB baseballs. It is an expensive hobby when you have to pay $12-$15 per ball.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc

If a player bypasses me but signs for kids i have no problem . Locals i know did get one each only when he was not crowded .

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ

tramers said:
If a player bypasses me but signs for kids i have no problem . Locals i know did get one each only when he was not crowded .

same here, i never have a problem for kids. I just have a problem when i see a kid going back and forth getting multiple items signed for his dad or someone else..i have bumped a few kids out of the way when i seen that happen.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ

jfras7777 said:
Ill be at those games too

Where do players sign outside? I have been to a game and only tried by the dugouts. Where do you go after the game is over?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

jdacunha said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I don't blame him for that some guys are ridiculous in asking for players to sign multiple photos/cards/balls. I have never asked a player to sign more than 1 item each time but, have gone back the next day and tried. I might try to get an extra or two from a player that might be a star just to pay for the hobby of getting IP signed official MLB baseballs. It is an expensive hobby when you have to pay $12-$15 per ball.
One of the times I saw him signing, he said something to the effect of "Look, I've signed for you 9 times in two days, I'm not signing for you again." The guy said he was wrong, and Harper stood his ground. And the guy kept pestering him, and Bryce's dad started walking forward, "Dad, I've got it." And as calm as could be, he just looked the guy in the eyes and restated that he felt that he signed enough for him.

He was 16 at the time and it blew me away how controlled he was with the situation. He set his boundaries and limits...and held true to them.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ

200lbhockeyplayer said:
jdacunha said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

One of the times I saw him signing, he said something to the effect of "Look, I've signed for you 9 times in two days, I'm not signing for you again." The guy said he was wrong, and Harper stood his ground. And the guy kept pestering him, and Bryce's dad started walking forward, "Dad, I've got it." And as calm as could be, he just looked the guy in the eyes and restated that he felt that he signed enough for him.

He was 16 at the time and it blew me away how controlled he was with the situation. He set his boundaries and limits...and held true to them.

good for Bryce, can't blame him. People that do that are just pathetic.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008

The only times I have seen him in person were several times back in 2008 in which he wasn't being hounded for autographs at all, and than two weeks ago when I saw him in Hagerstown (in which he was signing without regard to age, and was not personalizing). The thing about him only signing for kids is not true, but as 200lb stated, if someone (usually only adults overdo it with the number or items) goes overboard he will shut it down. I have a friend that works for the Suns and I was talking to him just about the media coverage and the increase in attendance (at least early on), and the issue of Harper signing came up; basically he told me that Harper is extremely focused before the game and may only spend 5 minutes signing beforehand, though afterward he will stay 15 minutes or so and sign. I took one item to have signed and everything went smooth:
scan0002.jpg

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009

It's good to see he's keeping his same signing habits from the Fall League last year. He would sign usually every night game for about 10-15 minutes after the game but on days he wasn't playing he would come out about 20 minutes after the gates opened and start signing. If you gave him multiples he'd ask you "which one do you want?" If you handed him one then another after he signed it he'd tell you no. I saw him get lippy with a couple of ebayers but my wife handed him a usa today cover and it was about 45 minutes after the game ended and he signed for everyone. Security was trying to push us out the stadium and Harper actually snapped at him telling him "these people pay mine & your salary so leave 'em alone" I got him on a juco card and she got that. Only 2 items I got all AFL last year from him. Good guy though, I know it's a given but please make sure you thank him and if you can throw in a god bless, it'll go a long way

Good luck!

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City

200lbhockeyplayer said:

Yep, he personalized the ball he autoed for me. I should have told him my name was ROY ;)

Get it?

jfras7777 said:
Ill be at those games too

Recently around the country so far with Hagerstown, hell sign sometimes after BP, but not all the time, but when they come out before the game, he is the last one out. And hell sign a couple. Lately its been for only kids and i mean that as in if you resemble an adult, your goin home empty handed without a sig. I also have heard that Post Game is a waste of time. Who knows. Well see. But all these stories people are talkin about in this post are mostly about last year and 2 years ago. Remember this kid, is HOUNDED in every city he goes. If he signs 1x out of a 4 games series that might be the only shot. I might have an ace up my sleeve so well see what happens. Good luck to everyone going. Ill be draped out in Nationals Gear to help my situation. Just look for the ******* with the Huge Poster board, dont be afraid to say hello.
ill be with you and the thread starter. Ill be at all 4 games as i live 8 minutes from the Stadium in lakewood. Hopefully i can get this done...

16x20...

39c59bf8.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts