Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB negativity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Just a thought, likely never to be written or implemented, but....

How would you feel about FCB survivor.

Ground rules

You can vote to ban people off FCB forever

1. You can vote a member off once every 30 days
2. Members who have 200 votes off within 30 days will be removed forever.
3. Members must have at least 500 posts to be able to vote.

The pros would be that people that are ass holes could be kicked off by the collectors for the collectors.
It might make people understand that it is the community that is judging them and they might just be a bit nicer.

the cons are that people that rub others the wrong way may be kicked off even though they bring great value to the board.

Obviously all bans could be overruled by staff.

Thoughts?

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
Isn't that contrary to the 'Freedom' part of Freedom Card Board? Perhaps I'm mistaken.

It likely is but, I hear so much about the negativity that it rubs me wrong.

The staff will not ban people for almost anything. But if the members feel the need to take care of the community, we feel they should have a right.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
I started one that made it, now it's john's turn.

I can post a picture of my bare back side???????

keystone btw.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:
:shock: WE CAN VOTE OUT GILMORE! Just think guys: no more oppression from that power hungry Admin ****!

Staff can over rule anything.

If you can convince 200 other members to vote off magicpapa in the same month it would do you no good.

If you can convince 200 other members to vote off some one who is negative, then you might have a chance.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Most guys who think people don't like them generally jump to that conclusion. Maybe the loud guys don't like you but the rest of
The board probably thinks yer a swell guy.

Don't let a couple of jackwads ruin it for you.

And let's not forget that this will never be implemented.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
bouwob said:
Card Magnet said:
:shock: WE CAN VOTE OUT GILMORE! Just think guys: no more oppression from that power hungry Admin ****!

If you can convince 200 other members to vote off magicpapa in the same month it would do you no good.

If you can convince 200 other members to vote off some one who is negative, then you might have a chance.

clearly i was joking. i figured i would use the most obvious choice that is "safe"

i figured the keystone would at least get me a laughing emoticon ;)

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Joshua.Roundtree said:
[quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":ds0m6rtn]I vote for myself. No one seems to like me and I have no idea why. I don't really care honestly, I've never done anything to anyone.

+1 to that brother, I'm in the same boat.....[/quote:ds0m6rtn]

It's because you guys are not in the circle of trust. I think several of us are on that boat. Count me in. People just think I'm naive. I'm just a nice guy that sees the glass half full. People like to shun that around here.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
sportscardfanatic said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
[quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":38v9w3hv]I vote for myself. No one seems to like me and I have no idea why. I don't really care honestly, I've never done anything to anyone.

+1 to that brother, I'm in the same boat.....

It's because you guys are not in the circle of trust. I think several of us are on that boat. Count me in. People just think I'm naive. I'm just a nice guy that sees the glass half full. People like to shun that around here.[/quote:38v9w3hv]

if you give me a half glass full of lager, I'll be your friend.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
There are some guys here who are real a-holes sometimes but I honestly believe everyone contributes to the board in their own way. I mean...what good would a thread be if Josh Hamilton couldn't come in and say something to the OP that's equivalent to a kick in the nads? :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
bouwob said:
Card Magnet said:

Staff be damned...Viva La Résistance! We'll just vote out all the staff. Then who will overturn votings? :twisted:

RgQ18Y7RTIJPZ96ywLiTWaMtQeDFOROvF9-8Xsgqpw__R0-UaS.png

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
markakis8 said:
sportscardfanatic said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
[quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":2kobesba]I vote for myself. No one seems to like me and I have no idea why. I don't really care honestly, I've never done anything to anyone.

+1 to that brother, I'm in the same boat.....

It's because you guys are not in the circle of trust. I think several of us are on that boat. Count me in. People just think I'm naive. I'm just a nice guy that sees the glass half full. People like to shun that around here.

if you give me a half glass full of lager, I'll be your friend.[/quote:2kobesba]

Come on over, I just stocked the beer fridge in my basement. Aren't you from the DC area? Maybe your name is throwing me off. I have all this beer and no one to drink it with...the wife don't drink!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I once met a Girl ......we talked until 2 then she said is was time for Bed.....I read the New today OOOO BOY/... I saw the photograph .....they seen his face before...the English Arny.....ZI lon\\\\\\\Womke up GOT OUTTaa beddddddddddde madhjhygnj cv cgvv vv nbhygfynkjoi,lsgdfhbm klmko[';k;jnvHFAFA" ioooooooooooooooooowwwwffxszcvbjk9bjj9n nnbdfjkjmmjq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts