Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New sports card market place, and new board sponsor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Hi Guys,

I have been working with FCB member and fellow Atlantian craftysouthpaw on a new marketplace for sports cards.

Today is the live beta version of...

http://www.sportscardbin.com

Fees will be wiped when the site goes live in about a month or so, no one will be charged anything. Accounts and items will remain active.

Please post here if you have any questions.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Will there be a best offer function? If there is, im just blind

yes, there will be best offers

just one of the things that are being worked on

I understand that they are working on a bulk seller backend as well.

And a buyer and power buyer rebate system.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
A bulk seller backened is key, preferably not the old "excel / delimited" option. If they can put together a free-standing app that will connect an upload the way that TurboLister does, I'll be a regular seller.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Sean_C said:
A bulk seller backened is key, preferably not the old "excel / delimited" option. If they can put together a free-standing app that will connect an upload the way that TurboLister does, I'll be a regular seller.

I think TL is the model, but they wanted to make it all web based.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Web based is fine as long as it's robust.

BTW, just to give them a heads up, the fees page needs to have information added to it.

cgilmo said:
Sean_C said:

TheTGB

Apr 27, 2011
PAC NW
It's been tried several times with limited success. Good luck on your endeavors. I'll be sure to check it out.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Sean_C said:
Web based is fine as long as it's robust.

BTW, just to give them a heads up, the fees page needs to have information added to it.

cgilmo said:
[quote="Sean_C":2ziq95ff]A bulk seller backened is key, preferably not the old "excel / delimited" option. If they can put together a free-standing app that will connect an upload the way that TurboLister does, I'll be a regular seller.

[/quote:2ziq95ff]

theres lots of stuff that needs to be added.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
One thing that I've always loved about checkoutmycards is that all listings are uniform. Sometimes I miss listings on Ebay because the seller chose a poor title or didn't know what they had. If most of the listings will be sports cards, I wouldn't mind a system that made the title for me. For example, I would select a year (let's say 2010), and the next option would contain all the sets that came out in 2010. After selecting which set my card is from, the next option would contain all the inserts/parallels from that set. After choosing the parallel/insert, the next option would have all the players in that parallel/insert. Once the player is selected, the title is made. I don't know if that is feasible, plus it sounds like a lot of work, as every single checklist would have to be entered.

Completed listings would be great as well. I always thought a site like this should be created, because with low fees anyone with a large collection could easily post their entire collection. If successful, I would look at it like a second photobucket, except in this case any card could be purchased at any time. No one would have to ask how much I was looking for on a card, because they could just go on Sports Card Bin and see for themselves.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
mrwhitesox30 said:
One thing that I've always loved about checkoutmycards is that all listings are uniform. Sometimes I miss listings on Ebay because the seller chose a poor title or didn't know what they had. If most of the listings will be sports cards, I wouldn't mind a system that made the title for me. For example, I would select a year (let's say 2010), and the next option would contain all the sets that came out in 2010. After selecting which set my card is from, the next option would contain all the inserts/parallels from that set. After choosing the parallel/insert, the next option would have all the players in that parallel/insert. Once the player is selected, the title is made. I don't know if that is feasible, plus it sounds like a lot of work, as every single checklist would have to be entered.

Completed listings would be great as well. I always thought a site like this should be created, because with low fees anyone with a large collection could easily post their entire collection. If successful, I would look at it like a second photobucket, except in this case any card could be purchased at any time. No one would have to ask how much I was looking for on a card, because they could just go on Sports Card Bin and see for themselves.

checklists, probably not gonna happen

completed items is already a feature of the in site search

http://www.sportscardbin.com/search.asp ... how=closed

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
How about some way to add a wantlist, and be automatically notified if a card on it shows up? mrwhitesox30's idea about standardized titles would make this much easier, or more importantly, at least recognition by the site that the advertised card corresponds to a particular one on a checklist.

I can see creating such a checklist being daunting, without relying on Beckett's as a major crutch. On a related but also independent note, Gilmore, have you thought about creating an FCB checklist? I don't know how comprehensive the non-modern part would be, but I think with collaboration a fantastic modern list could be formed, including many odd-ball and SGA issues which most lists commonly leave out. If you were to create a formatting matrix for the list (especially with regards to inputting information), then there are many collectors here who could start to fill it with sets and their compositions.

Just tried to post this, and saw your "checklists, probably not gonna happen". But hey, worth a thought.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
LWMM said:
How about some way to add a wantlist, and be automatically notified if a card on it shows up? mrwhitesox30's idea about standardized titles would make this much easier, or more importantly, at least recognition by the site that the advertised card corresponds to a particular one on a checklist.

I can see creating such a checklist being daunting, without relying on Beckett's as a major crutch. On a related but also independent note, Gilmore, have you thought about creating an FCB checklist? I don't know how comprehensive the non-modern part would be, but I think with collaboration a fantastic modern list could be formed, including many odd-ball and SGA issues which most lists commonly leave out. If you were to create a formatting matrix for the list (especially with regards to inputting information), then there are many collectors here who could start to fill it with sets and their compositions.

Just tried to post this, and saw your "checklists, probably not gonna happen". But hey, worth a thought.

The site already features classified ads.

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
cgilmo said:
maryvillereb2003 said:
gilmo i think you hit jackpot with that site. seriously awesome.

I was just a consultant.

and it's only good if people use it
I just listed a card(under sandlot_gems). Great set up, I am pretty excited about it. Only bad thing is I will probably be spending more $$$ on cards now.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
sounds great but was there no way to make it directly linked to FCB? I think it would be much more successful if it was a continuation of our site here instead of a completely separate entity of its own.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
sounds great but was there no way to make it directly linked to FCB? I think it would be much more successful if it was a continuation of our site here instead of a completely separate entity of its own.

It depends on what kind of ad space they wanna pay for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts