Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Odd Text on 2011 Bowman Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
Hello!
My roommate recently purchased a retail box of 2011 Bowman for my 21st birthday. It was a great gift and I had a lot of fun busting open the box. However, while I was reading over the odds printed on the side of the box I came upon something strange: "Potential Canadian Winners will be required to first correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3x5 card the answer to the following skill text question: 3x5+15-8 = ?"
Is this a joke? I can't think of why Topps would put this on one of their products. Thanks for any help!

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
It's not a joke. It's how card companies get around certain lottery regulations in Canada I believe.

exigussrex said:
Hello!
My roommate recently purchased a retail box of 2011 Bowman for my 21st birthday. It was a great gift and I had a lot of fun busting open the box. However, while I was reading over the odds printed on the side of the box I came upon something strange: "Potential Canadian Winners will be required to first correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3x5 card the answer to the following skill text question: 3x5+15-8 = ?"
Is this a joke? I can't think of why Topps would put this on one of their products. Thanks for any help!

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
exigussrex said:
Hello!

can you elaborate please?

RandomH

exigussrex said:
exigussrex said:
Hello!

can you elaborate please?
It's a NPN.
http://www.npnsportscards.com/p/faq.html

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
in canada the NPN is considered a lottery, which to some exent are illegal in canada unless its government run. the math quiz is a way around it. it is on every card pack regardless of manufacturer or sport (or they used to be on all of them)

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
They really kill two birds with one stone with that quiz.

They avoid the lottery regulations AND most Canadians get the question wrong so they don't have to send an NPN.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Jastermereel said:
They really kill two birds with one stone with that quiz.

They avoid the lottery regulations AND most Canadians get the question wrong so they don't have to send an NPN.
yes because they us the Metric system and the answer is not 22 degrees Celsius

Members online

Latest posts