Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So if Cole goes to the hobby black hole known as Pittsburgh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I believe that we'd see an increase in his card values. By him going number one overall, more media attention about him will be generated and more of the general baseball public will be aware of him. At the very least, I believe we'd still see an increase when the BA lists come out. Being in Pittsburgh didn't seem to hurt Taillon's prices any and Cole will probably be Pittsburgs #1 prospect and top 15 overall prospect on BA's next lists.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Jeff N. said:
...where do his cards go? Higher, lower, stay the same?

Higher.

And Pitt being a hobby black hole? I wouldn't say so. Taillon saw a jump in prices after being taken #2 by Pitt last year, so I see no reason why Cole stuff wouldn't jump. Just being #1 alone, no matter who he is drafted by, should bump his prices.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Being the #1 pick will definitely help his Prices, at least at first.

And a little while back I thought Taillon was headed for a drop, especially considering the Buc-O's history with Pitchers and a bunch of people disagreed, so maybe things really are changing with the Pirates and their collectibility...

As for the Twins being bad for players' prices, I totally dis-agree and would probably rank them in the Top 10 of team collectors. Closer to 10, but still WAY ahead of the Pirates.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
sheetskout said:
I am so sick of people starting one of these threads everytime Pittsburgh gets a player worth noting.

No crap, Andrew McCutchens stuff has been selling well this year and he had a big slump in May but is on fire now.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
RNCoyote said:
How's Joe Mauer cards doing now? Twins seems like a "hobby black hole"

He's also been hurt this season - terrible comparison. His Bowman Chrome autos were selling hand-over-fist a year ago. Morneau, Sano, Gibson... their autos bring nice money, as well. The Twins are hardly a hobby black hole.

Back to the intent of the thread, I agree with the poster who said that the notoriety that comes from being the #1 overall pick will eclipse the fact the Pirates drafted him.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
It's funny, just a few years back Kansas City was thought of as the black hole. Then Alex Gordon happened.

When it comes to prospects there is no such thing as a hobby black hole.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
chompsmcgee said:
It's funny, just a few years back Kansas City was thought of as the black hole. Then Alex Gordon happened.

San Diego?

Anaheim?

Washington?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
chompsmcgee said:

San Diego?

Anaheim?

Washington?

Seriously Washington? Strasburg/Harper.....

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Anaheim?
That one guy, whats his name...Mike Trout
People seemed pretty high on him. Dont really see that as a black hole either.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Think it's better to sell what we have now, before slabbing it, or get it slabbed and then sell later down the road? I'm afraid that the flood of stuff will kep the market value lower.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts