Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RedSox vs Yankees..... The game is on!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Rain Delay...

Now, for some rain delay entertainment.

Why I'm not worried that the Redsox lead the season series at 7-1.

The Red Sox hold a 6 game advantage over the Yankees in head to head up to this point in the Season, however, the Yankees trail by just one game in the standings.

20% of the Redsox Wins have come against the Yankees.
27% of the Yankees losses have come from the Sox.

I would assume that the Yankees will not lose every game left to play against the Redsox.

Does anyone remember 2009? It was almost identical. The Sox started out 8-0 against the Yankees and in the end the seasion series was even at 9-9. The Yankees went on to win the World Series.

The Redsox have a Six Game advantage over the Yankees in the season series, yet only a one game lead in the standings.

And that is why I am not worried......yet.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Re: RedSox vs Yankees.....

vwnut13 said:
scotty21690 said:
Yeah but....

09 Yanks > 09 Sox
11 Yanks < 11 Sox

Is taht what you were saying when the Redsox were 8-0?
It was obvious that we were not gonna go undefeated vs the Yanks over an entire season...

bmoore997

Mar 9, 2009

Plain and simple why the Yankees don't bother me:

Burnett, Colon, Garcia, and Nova have a combined 8.22 ERA against the Sox this year.

C.C. can't do it all. It will be interesting to see what they do at the deadline.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008

The Yankees and Redsox always seem to even out in the ends.

The Sox are 7-1 against the Yankees this season and if they lose tonight, they dont even have possession first place.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc

I don't care who wins but to be at a Red Sox vs Yankees game is one of the best things a fan can do !!!

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008

I could wind up eating these words......but I really don't think the 7-1 start against the Yankees is a fluke.
I'll admit the Sox have been fortunate that Beckett has out-dueled Sabathia twice (2 games there heading into the season that you'd think would be in the Yankees favor). After that, both offenses are dangerous......but it's seemed the Sox staff can better control the Yanks bats, then the other way around.

Since the Sox are in first - bringing up the 2-10 is virtually worthless. Since that point they've been closer to the team most expected to see......and that team is better than the Yankees.
I think these games against the Yankees are the best illustration of that......it's a long season and a team like Boston will hit some lulls and lose focus playing on the road against the Orioles or something in front of 15,000 fans.
A full crowd in Yankees stadium (national TV) is a different situation.......the Yankees have the Red Sox's full attention.....to me, these games so far simply show how good the Red Sox can be when that is the case.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

rymflaherty said:
Since the Sox are in first - bringing up the 2-10 is virtually worthless. Since that point they've been closer to the team most expected to see......and that team is better than the Yankees.

The Yankees had a 2-9 streak so that cancels out the 2-10 start for the Sox.

The Yankees are still only one game behind the Sox after having a 6 game disadvantage in the season series.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

I like me some Back Back Back Beckett.

Curtis GranderSlam!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
..Way..To..Go..Mike..Cameron..

Don't drop the ball and you wouldnt put yourself in these situations.

Bad call, but whatever.

Juanfatj

Aug 12, 2008
VA
vwnut13 said:
..Way..To..Go..Mike..Cameron..

Don't drop the ball and you wouldnt put yourself in these situations.

Bad call, but whatever.

It's his fault the umpire blew the call?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I read that Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter have been hit by RedSox Pitching 28 times.

David Ortiz...once.

Members online

Latest posts