Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this the REAL # 5/500 Pujols Bowman Chrome RC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I doubt it is, but you never know. There have been way too many #5/500's to even consider paying a premium for it. I think there was a time when there where 2 or 3 #5/500 on ebay at the same time. I seem to remember a thread on the old BMB.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
im curious to know if anyone owns one of the other low numbered Pujols's. Like how are they originally numbered, 1/500 or 01/500 or 001/500 etc?

i remember a couple years ago someone on ebay had one numbered 005/500 and i believe it was BGS graded.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
im pretty sure it is the legit one.
i know there were no 00 in front of the low #'s,
and that looks like the original 5 as i remember it.
the 05 or 005 variations are deff fakes.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
No way to ever know, unfortunately. The greed of a few sellers trying to make an extra 5% on their sale ruined the integrity of hand numbering a long time ago. I would never attempt to buy any of the 5 variations on this card and just stick to ones that I know to be authentic numbering regardless. Seeing as how they're only 500 in existence and perhaps even less than 400 in circulation, just having one is enough to hang your hat on really.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Whether or not it's the "real" 5/500 Pujols Bowman Chrome, it's such a sullied card due to the amount of fakes out there that it shouldn't really garner any real premium.

When all of these started popping up (there are 5+ of them I believe), Beckett really could have done their due diligence and actually reported on something hobby related instead of regurgitating the same soulless PR jabber. But nope, this soiled bed sheet of a company that still holds on to the 90s and refers to themselves as "The first and last word when it comes to news and information on sports cards and memorabilia" should kill that silly price guide and the fluff pieces that fill it.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
there were 3 fakes back in 2004, 2 were in PSA holders and one was in a beckett holder. I remember one of the sellers
being from the Orlando area. Further proof that the grading companies are jokes. Remember that ANY ink on ANY chrome
card can be simply erased with a cotton ball and alchohol. I remember back in the day erasing a few cards and
re autographing with obscene inscriptions and putting them up on the beckett message boards...it was worth
the ban. The more informed we are the better. I was happy to see that most poeple here knew about the history and
agree that there is no way to put a premium on this card...plus why would anyone be selling Pujols now?

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts