Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best way to ship a 600 card set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I've heard some people talk about using flat rate boxes and that it would be cheaper than sending it in a 600 count box.

Can anyone advise me on this? I need to ship it out tomorrow and I have a 600 count box, small flat rate box, and both types of medium flat rate boxes. Small flat rate is 5.20 and I think the medium was 10.40 or so...I have it written down somewhere.

Thoughts?

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
wont get it in a small flat rate. I'd put it in 2 300-count boxes and send in a medium flat rate. Would be a touch over 10.00

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
wont get it in a small flat rate. I'd put it in 2 300-count boxes and send in a medium flat rate. Would be a touch over 10.00

But isn't a 600 count box cheaper? Never had a problem with anything getting damaged either shipping that way.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
tommyfro21 said:
GarkoCollector said:

But isn't a 600 count box cheaper? Never had a problem with anything getting damaged either shipping that way.

You want it there safer or cheaper?
I wouldnt ship a 600 ct box filled with cards. I'd split it up and put both boxes in a larger flat rate box. You asked for the best way. You can go cheaper if you want but it isnt better.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
I never ship cards in the actual 200ct, 400ct, 600ct card boxes. I always put the card box down in another box. I can't tell you how many times I have received damaged cards when they weren't double boxed. It's not worth the risk. Especally if it's an Ebay sale where you can get dinged on your DSRs.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
tommyfro21 said:
GarkoCollector said:

You want it there safer or cheaper?
I wouldnt ship a 600 ct box filled with cards. I'd split it up and put both boxes in a larger flat rate box. You asked for the best way. You can go cheaper if you want but it isnt better.

Definitely not trying to argue. I guess I'm trying to find the balance between price and safety.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Don't do it in just a 600 ct box. I've lost track of how many times I've received sets that way and about 60% of the time most of the cards in the set are damaged. If the box gets dropped just once almost every card in the set will have a corner ding. Double boxing is always the way to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts