Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gotta Love Panini Redemptions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Been waiting for over 5 months for a elite auto and decided to call and ask for a replacement. First off was on hold forever and after about 10 minutes the CS lady finally picked up. She asked me for a list of teams I liked, I gave her a few, and then her response was "you'll get your replacement in 8-10 weeks. Now, I've been waiting for over 20 weeks for this card, and now it'll take an additional 8-10 weeks just to get a replacement. This is unacceptable. This is the 4th Panini card I've "redeemed" and the 4th that I've had to ask for a replacement for. I think I'm just going to sell any Panini redemptions I get.

Sorry, end of rant.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
I hear ya.
I was so pumped to see Panini back with some NHL cards this year, but honestly i was discouraged by the amount of redemptions they inserted in their products.
Very sad cause i like them but i'm staying away because of this.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I always make a fuss about the extended wait. I have never had to wait the full 8-10 extra...I get it in a week or two at most.

Then again I am the worst person for any customer service rep to get when I am angry. Comcast people hate me and always get a manager to handle my calls...even when I am being nice. Its noted on my account to contact a manager.

Nationwide is next...I got them to rewrite my policy because they increased my rate (their stupidity, not my own) and I caught a fit. My premium went down $223 for the six month term.

Would you like for me to call Panini for you??...lol :x

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
jumbojohnny said:
I always make a fuss about the extended wait. I have never had to wait the full 8-10 extra...I get it in a week or two at most.

Then again I am the worst person for any customer service rep to get when I am angry. Comcast people hate me and always get a manager to handle my calls...even when I am being nice. Its noted on my account to contact a manager.

Nationwide is next...I got them to rewrite my policy because they increased my rate (their stupidity, not my own) and I caught a fit. My premium went down $223 for the six month term.

Would you like to call Suddenlink (cable/internet) for me?

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
jumbojohnny said:

Sure! I have been waiting for a Rodrigue Beaubois National Treasures RC patch auto for over a year now. I just can't figure out how hard to get a representative to take a ride from Panini's office to his home to get his signature when both are in Dallas. ::facepalm::

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I've been waiting 6+ months on certified hockey freshman fabric auto redemptions for Cam Fowler and Alex Burmistrov. Also been waiting on '10 EEE Christian Colon collegiate patches redemption for a while now. Panini is awful and is why I tend to stay away from their products that are loaded with redemptions.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Been waiting a year and a half for 09 Elite Marquise Coopers. 2 base /99 and one gold /5, still have another 2 base unredeemed. Guessing they won't be coming any time soon. How hard is it to get someone to sign 104 stickers? ::facepalm::

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
jimmyjam1973 said:
Jheywardfan said:
You can request a replacement online and dont have to wait on the phone. Just sayin.....

I did that about 12 days ago and nothing happened.

I did that in JANUARY and nothing. Have emailed them three times since Jan. and have never gotten a single response.

Panini sucks like Topps sucks like Upper Deck sucks.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow really? I guess I'm a lucky dog then. I had a redemption in for like 10 weeks and then they sent me
an e-mail stated the card is still in process of getting signed. I could then do 1 of 2 things

1. Wait for the card to be signed and if it is not done in 8-10 weeks I could call or e-mail for a replacement
2. Let Panini know I would like a replacement now for the card I was waiting on by listing some player(s) or team(s) I like.

I waited it out, I think it was over the 10 weeks they gave themselves but I got the card anyway.

Here it is
scan0001-7.jpg

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Pine Tar said:
Wow really? I guess I'm a lucky dog then. I had a redemption in for like 10 weeks and then they sent me
an e-mail stated the card is still in process of getting signed. I could then do 1 of 2 things

1. Wait for the card to be signed and if it is not done in 8-10 weeks I could call or e-mail for a replacement
2. Let Panini know I would like a replacement now for the card I was waiting on by listing some player(s) or team(s) I like.

I waited it out, I think it was over the 10 weeks they gave themselves but I got the card anyway.

Here it is
scan0001-7.jpg

You were lucky, Richard.

I even told them that I would literally take ANY replacement auto from ANY sport and they still haven't done a thing. Called back in March and they said they were "on top of it", whatever that means.

Jheywardfan

Apr 25, 2010
Arlington, TX
cstmleather said:
Been waiting a year and a half for 09 Elite Marquise Coopers. 2 base /99 and one gold /5, still have another 2 base unredeemed. Guessing they won't be coming any time soon. How hard is it to get someone to sign 104 stickers? ::facepalm::

Harder than you know! I am good friends with multiple people in the industry and Ive also worked in a Major League Clubhouse. Signing cards is at the back of an athletes mind. I remember when I worked in the clubhouse and Topps asked me to put cards in all the players lockers that were supposed to sign and I got yelled at by my boss. Most of the players just throw the cards to the back of their locker. Card companies would love to visit each individual player for every signing, but could you imagine how much time and money that would take? It wouldnt be worth it. Believe me when I say the card companies hate redemptions just as much as we do, but sometimes its a must if you already have plans to include those players in a particular set. It's the athletes that everyone should be blaming, not the card companies. Another example: A friend of mine at a card company just showed me a stack of cards that the player signed the wrong side. The side that didnt have his photo. Another delay......

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
Jheywardfan said:
cstmleather said:

Harder than you know! I am good friends with multiple people in the industry and Ive also worked in a Major League Clubhouse. Signing cards is at the back of an athletes mind. I remember when I worked in the clubhouse and Topps asked me to put cards in all the players lockers that were supposed to sign and I got yelled at by my boss. Most of the players just throw the cards to the back of their locker. Card companies would love to visit each individual player for every signing, but could you imagine how much time and money that would take? It wouldnt be worth it. Believe me when I say the card companies hate redemptions just as much as we do, but sometimes its a must if you already have plans to include those players in a particular set. It's the athletes that everyone should be blaming, not the card companies. Another example: A friend of mine at a card company just showed me a stack of cards that the player signed the wrong side. The side that didnt have his photo. Another delay......

I used to do numerous signings for UD before they lost everything. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work. Getting a date and time nailed down was damn near impossible (except for Matt Ryan his rookie year, 3500 autos in one sitting). Yes getting cards signed is one of the last things on a players mind, BUT that doesn't mean that the card companies should neglect keeping customers informed. If the customer has waited longer than expected.....TELL them. If they want to wait, fine, if not offer them a replacement and ship that out as soon as possible. Why make someone wait and addition 8-10 weeks after they've waited a year to get something.

REMEMBER:
Customer Service is an attitued and NOT a department!!!!!!!

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
jimmyjam1973 said:
Jheywardfan said:
cstmleather said:

I used to do numerous signings for UD before they lost everything. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work. Getting a date and time nailed down was damn near impossible (except for Matt Ryan his rookie year, 3500 autos in one sitting). Yes getting cards signed is one of the last things on a players mind, BUT that doesn't mean that the card companies should neglect keeping customers informed. If the customer has waited longer than expected.....TELL them. If they want to wait, fine, if not offer them a replacement and ship that out as soon as possible. Why make someone wait and addition 8-10 weeks after they've waited a year to get something.

REMEMBER:
Customer Service is an attitued and NOT a department!!!!!!!

Exactly!

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
You could always file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Worked wonders for me with the two Donruss Elite Kipnis autos (/100 and /25) that I waited on for 6-7 months. About two months after redeeming the cards online, I sent customer service an e-mail inquiring about their availability. They responded promptly and told me they were both in stock and would be shipped within the next 4-6 weeks. Flash forward to FOUR MONTHS later, and still no cards. I sent 2-3 new messages through their online system, which were all ignored over a three-week span, so I filed with the BBB. Both cards arrived very shortly afterwards -- imagine that. Considering they were from a 2009 product and it was early 2011, they had no excuses for the delay. They seem to get more satisfaction from making customers wait than from making them happy. It's pretty clear from my experience that a great deal of the time the cards that customers are waiting on are in-house and ready to ship, but nobody there seems to have a sense of urgency when it comes to actually shipping them. I'll never redeem another card with them again.

If it was just getting the players to sign their autos I could understand, but I don't blame them as much as the corporation itself. Topps' turn-around time for me has ALWAYS been better than this. The only two redemptions that I have filed with Panini were for these two Kipnis autos, and I had to wait forever. With Topps I have submitted well over 70 times and have always had a MUCH faster turn around. This includes a bunch of Kipnis autos, so the player is often not responsible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts