Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHO ARE THE SAFEST PLAYERS TO INVEST IN ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
If there is even such a thing who do you guys think the safest player or players are to invest in?
not really as far as best to flip and make a profit, but safest in the long run to either hold value or gain value???

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Big market team+power/XBH/BA+important position (catcher, 3B, SS) is a gold mine.

Basically, anyone who can look like Buster Posey, Ryan Braun, Albert Pujols, or Joe Mauer over time. None of them were really surprises.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
Firebirds11 said:
Do your own research. That's what it's all about.
ummmm i was just curious on what you guys think i have done my own research and have the cards to show thanks for being a dick though
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_6778.jpg
IMG_6890.jpg
IMG_7077.jpg
mauer.jpg
IMG_6896.jpg
IMG_0238.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg
IMG_0242.jpg
IMG_6899.jpg
IMG_0241.jpg
IMG_7043.jpg
IMG_7178.jpg
IMG_6893.jpg

ect ect ect the list goes on

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
uniquebaseballcards said:
First ballot HOFers who played with the same team throughout their careers.

+1
First thought in my mind, Ripken.

Can't go wrong with super stud HOFers like Mantle, Ruth, Mays, Dimaggio, Gehrig, Cobb, Williams. Gonna cost in the beginning but none of these guys are gonna have steroid allegations among other things.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
For a safe investment buy a guy on a team you like that you can pick up for cheap. If you can buy in a guy like a Scooter Gennett who's chrome autos are about $3-$5 you have a small investment that could offer a pretty good return. If he doesn't pan out you should still be able to sell and recoup most of your money.

There are really no guarantees when it comes to prospects. Most of the "sure things" are already priced that way and you will have to pay to play if you will.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Not sure I would call this 'safe' but certainly a 'low risk' per investment....

Stephen Fife, a close cousin of a friend of mine, got a call from the RedSox brass the other day asking him to be ready for a call up after the AS game. Right now he has been VERY good over his last few starts, and although the only cards you will find are 2008 Razor and 2010 Topps Pro Debut, if indeed he does get the call and does well, you are sure to make some nice coin considering the Boston market.

A couple big "ifs" though, but like I said, its a low risk investment anyway...

G

hive17 said:
Big market team+power/XBH/BA+important position (catcher, 3B, SS) is a gold mine.

Basically, anyone who can look like Buster Posey, Ryan Braun, Albert Pujols, or Joe Mauer over time. None of them were really surprises.
That's funny, since three of them are/were hurt this year and I'm not sure about Ryan Braun

Latest posts