Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sports Art Images

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Does anyone know anything about this set? This is the first one I've seen of Sandberg, and this card is not on any Ryno checklists I've seen.

1993 Sports Art Images Promo
$(KGrHqV,!h8E3PVe,gD7BN6q-HnjHQ~~_3.jpg

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
I bought the Ozzie years ago and this was the description the seller wrote ( I think he is one of the Will Clark collectors on this board but I'm not positive):

"You are bidding on a 1993 Sports Art Images Promotional Sample card of St. Louis Cardinals star, Ozzie Smith. Card number 13. Card came from a larger promotional set that I'm breaking up. All cards featured artwork done by Jim Foutch on the front with player info on reverse with "PROMO" stamp in grey. Card was most likely put out as a test issue for future products, but I'm pretty sure this was the only year they were released. Very tough to find on the open market. I've seen the Will Clark one sell for crazy prices ($200+), so a lot of die hard player collectors still need them. Card is NM-MT or better."

93promo.jpg93promob.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Thanks! $200 for the Clark?!?! I paid less than $2.00 for mine.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
bobotai said:

I can't remember how much I paid for mine but I know it was more than $2.00! :shock: I want to say less than $20 but more than $10. It's funny because you see similar cards all over now but this is different because these were intended to be a set that was to be released from what I understand. Kind of cool.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Mozzie22 said:
bobotai said:

I can't remember how much I paid for mine but I know it was more than $2.00! :shock: I want to say less than $20 but more than $10. It's funny because you see similar cards all over now but this is different because these were intended to be a set that was to be released from what I understand. Kind of cool.

It's amazing that over 1500 cards in, I still find cards I never knew existed.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
bobotai said:
Mozzie22 said:
bobotai said:

It's amazing that over 1500 cards in, I still find cards I never knew existed.

That is the beauty of player collecting. ;)

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Very cool looking cards. Is there a checklist? I have a similar card that was submitted to the MLBPA for approval for a set. Its called Illustrated Cards. I am not sure of the checklist, but I know there is a Will Clark and a Ken Griffey in the set.

IMG_5039.jpg

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
henderson939 said:
Very cool looking cards. Is there a checklist? I have a similar card that was submitted to the MLBPA for approval for a set. Its called Illustrated Cards. I am not sure of the checklist, but I know there is a Will Clark and a Ken Griffey in the set.

IMG_5039.jpg

That's a cool looking card as well. I'm not aware of any checklist. Perhaps clarkfan knows who's in the set. I see he has a few on eBay right now (listed as 1993 Sports Art PROMO/SAMPLE Jim Foutch Art).

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Here you go guys:

Series 1: Cal Ripken, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, Kirby Puckett, Ken Griffey Jr., Frank Thomas, Cecil Fielder, Roberto Alomar

Series 2: Ruben Sierra, Deion Sanders, Will Clark, Tony Gwynn, Ozzie Smith, Ryne Sandberg, Barry Bonds, Steve Avery

They aren't CRAZY rare, but definitely tough to find if you are actually seeking them out. I've had 3 or 4 sets over the years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts