Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When Jeter hits 3,000...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
will you be selling his cards? Im pretty sure they're going to sky rocket for at least a day or two. Ill be holding onto the few autos I have..

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Not really sure why they would skyrocket. Everyone expects/knows he's going to get it. Even if people were 3000 hit collectors, I would imagine they would just buy now. He's going to get to 3000 hits no matter what happens

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Not really sure why they would skyrocket. Everyone expects/knows he's going to get it. Even if people were 3000 hit collectors, I would imagine they would just buy now. He's going to get to 3000 hits no matter what happens

His auto's have already seen a nice spike the last few weeks. I have to imagine they'll see a significant spike once he gets it done and is all over ESPN.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Nick1190 said:
mredsox89 said:

His auto's have already seen a nice spike the last few weeks. I have to imagine they'll see a significant spike once he gets it done and is all over ESPN.

I just find it hard to believe that a guy that everyone already knows will see such a huge spike. Unless new people come into the market which at this point isn't very likely, there just doesn't seem to be a real reason they would go up. Maybe I'll be wrong, but it just is expected, and has been hyped up for months already with ESPN counting down.

Its not like when a rookie or young guy gets all over ESPN for something unexpected and all of a sudden you have hundreds of new buyers

gr5

Apr 30, 2011
mredsox89 said:

Because he plays in New York...

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
They might move up a little, but I'm pretty sure 3000 hits is already priced in at this point. If you wanted to make money off his 3000 hit chase, the time to buy in was a year or two ago.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
KandKCards said:
They might move up a little, but I'm pretty sure 3000 hits is already priced in at this point. If you wanted to make money off his 3000 hit chase, the time to buy in was a year or two ago.

There were good parallel auctions in April that have already re-sold with a 25% or more spike. I would imagine there's still a small spike to be had between 2,999 and 3,000. Always people on the fringe who want to "get in".

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I think there will be a small bump as article after article discuss his place in baseball and Yankee history. There already has been some nice increases on his key cards. For me, I've moved on to Arod and his upcoming milestones.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
The casual collector will enter the marketplace looking for some sort of iconic Jeter card (usually a RC or autograph) based on the media coverage which will cause a price bump.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I wonder if his RC's might not see the bigger spike in sale prices once he reaches 3000. His autos have always sold for a nice price, but some RC's, aside from the SP and Stadium Club Murphy, can be had for fairly cheap prices still.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
you said it. his bgs 9 sp rc has actually gone down since opening day. that card will spike it is a given

JEA2880 said:
The casual collector will enter the marketplace looking for some sort of iconic Jeter card (usually a RC or autograph) based on the media coverage which will cause a price bump.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Is this really happening? A discussion whether or not a sure-fire HOF Yankees cards will spike if he gets 3,000 hits?

It seems like a given: people are so reactionary they'll definitely see a bump.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
All this talk about huge spikes, bumps and rising has me all hot and bothered :p
I'm pitchin' a tent ova here!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts