Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to find Seller ebay Address to return item

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Long story short. Card was damage due to poor packaging. Seller finally respond after 3 emails, agree to return but gave me return address that is different from the item I received through paypal shipping.

I tried advanced search to locate Ebay seller contact info but ebay didn't send any info upon my request. Also Ebay recently change their system so I didn't get an invoice from my email account. Paypal email me information that I paid the seller but no address of the seller.

Only thing that is the same from this new address is the State. So I really want to find out the seller Ebay or paypal confirmed address before I send it to his new address. Any help appreciate

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So if I read this right you bought some thing and it was damaged. You contacted seller and he said return it.
But the address to return is different and if you send it there you may not get a refund since he can say it was not returned to him.
Is there an address on the PayPal shipping label? I would maybe return it there.

I would call Ebay, and tell them that the seller's return address is different from the original ship address.
See if they can get a hold of the seller for a explanation of why.

Then get in touch with PayPal if you paid him with this method and (hopefully not paypal-gift) and you have a record of amount paid and for what item

Or open a dispute for damaged item received and put in the comment area that return address is different then original shipping address and from there.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Thanks for quick reply. I look up ebay policy and it said

From the eBay buyer protection page:

Buyers will not be required to return an item where the seller's geographic location is different from that shown on the listing (in violation of eBay policies), unless the seller pays for return shipping.

So do I even need to return it if the seller requesting a different address? But the most important is, how do I find out the seller/paypal account confirmed address?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
You need to contact customer support so if something goes wrong someone can be held accountable, because saying "some guy on the internet said" doesn't work too well.

Members online

Latest posts