Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper to Harrisburg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
washingnats William Ladson
I just learned that #Nats OF Bruce Harper has been promoted to Double A Harrisburg. I'll have more on MLB.com.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
mwashuc06 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Skipping Potomac, interesting.

Potomac field has the worst outfield conditions in the minors.

ahhh, i did not know that. is that what ruined Burgess? lol

Not sure about that but I know someone who knows someone very high up in minor league baseball and said the field has to be redone after the year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Nice. He's earned a promotion, and I was curious if the Nats were going to let him play in the hazardous conditions in Potomac.

Well earned.

:mrgreen:

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Nice. He's earned a promotion, and I was curious if the Nats were going to let him play in the hazardous conditions in Potomac.

Well earned.

:mrgreen:

I'll be down there in two weeks, give me a good reason to go on a vacation to Hershey.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
mwashuc06 said:
I'll be down there in two weeks, give me a good reason to go on a vacation to Hershey.

I have a question for you. You've clearly been one of Harper's biggest critics on this board, especially when it comes to his makeup. Yet you created this thread.

So, what gives?

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
mwashuc06 said:

I have a question for you. You've clearly been one of Harper's biggest critics on this board, especially when it comes to his makeup. Yet you created this thread.

So, what gives?

I've decided to calm down on the drama on here. I just didn't like the hype early in the year. People just need to tone down the expectations for this kid. For someone to say he's the greatest prospect of all time is ridiculous.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
mwashuc06 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
mwashuc06 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Skipping Potomac, interesting.

Potomac field has the worst outfield conditions in the minors.

ahhh, i did not know that. is that what ruined Burgess? lol

Not sure about that but I know someone who knows someone very high up in minor league baseball and said the field has to be redone after the year.
Potomac is such a joke, there is no grass along to foul line, you can see the drainage ditches in the OF, the field is so bad, MiLB had to move some games that were supposed to be played at Potomac, to the road. If it rains the night before a game, then the next days game will be canceled bacuse of the rain. Their stadium is a dump

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Lots of low "A" stadiums are in bad shape ,owners don't need the money and don't care it seems . Another problem the fields need to be designed so water runs OFF .

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
my guess is that as long as he doesn't bomb at Double A (which is highly unlikely) he gets called up to the bigs in Sept. no reason not to at this point. would boost ticket sales in D.C.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
tramers said:
Lots of low "A" stadiums are in bad shape ,owners don't need the money and don't care it seems . Another problem the fields need to be designed so water runs OFF .

They are high A though. The other stadiums in the Carolina League are pretty nice for the most part. When the White Sox played here in Winston-Salem this spring Ozzie Guillen said it was one of the nicest places he's ever been field wise. Of course our stadium is brand new, and has incredible drainage because of where they built it.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
mwashuc06 said:
Jaypers said:
mwashuc06 said:

So, what gives?

I've decided to calm down on the drama on here. I just didn't like the hype early in the year. People just need to tone down the expectations for this kid. For someone to say he's the greatest prospect of all time is ridiculous.

but, he is the greatest prospect of all time.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
cgilmo said:
mwashuc06 said:
Jaypers said:
mwashuc06 said:

So, what gives?

but, he is the greatest prospect of all time.

lol.

Attention Eastern League....

Protect ya beeches,

******* to a Stadium near you...

b6f53117.jpg

eda342bd.jpg

Good to luck to all that will try to snag a sig from him.

Be close to the field entrance after he does his stretching if you pursue him at a visiting teams stadium. He does not sign too often after BP.

Also , he usually good off the bus at least once a trip.
Bus arrives about 3.5-4Hrs before gametime.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts