Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just starting Set Building

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scubasteve1919

May 26, 2011
I just got back into collecting after quite a few years off and would definitely like to try out set building. I was just curious if anyone had any advice or suggestions for me. My main question is how do you determine a "complete set"? I see all these different parallels and #/500 and wonder if those are part of the set or if it is just the base/retail cards? Thanks for everyone's help!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
the beauty of set building is you build it however you want to.

i build my full sets as having everything on the checklist in the set, sheet it up and enjoy!

scubasteve1919

May 26, 2011
That's what I figured from the searching I did... would you happen to know where to find accurate up-to-date checklists? Any websites? Thanks again for all your help!

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
ive mainly been doing Base sets, no parallels, if i get some im happy, but wont chase them

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
scubasteve1919 said:
That's what I figured from the searching I did... would you happen to know where to find accurate up-to-date checklists? Any websites? Thanks again for all your help!

No idea to be honest. google whichever set(s) you choose.

i am putting together the Topps Heritage Baseball Run from 2001 through today:

050111HeritageShelf.jpg

they look fantastic in sheets. i got a lot of checklist help from here, ebay, other message boards, stuff like that.

scubasteve1919

May 26, 2011
TwinsWin said:
ive mainly been doing Base sets, no parallels, if i get some im happy, but wont chase them

That's what I think I'm going to do...try and build base sets and be happy with whatever parallels or numbered cards I pull.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
scubasteve1919 said:
TwinsWin said:

That's what I think I'm going to do...try and build base sets and be happy with whatever parallels or numbered cards I pull.

What type of sets are you looking to put together? any particular brand?

I focus mainly on Topps base sets. Though I am nearing completion on a 1954 Bowman set as well. Just finished working on a Topps 205 relic set!

Members online

Latest posts