Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Derek Jeter does it!! 3,000 hits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I still cant get over he hit it into the first row of the bleachers, he hit it over the $150 seats and landed in the $12.00 seats. Arod barely hits it out there.

Casey2884

Aug 7, 2008
Manhattan
nyc3 said:
I still cant get over he hit it into the first row of the bleachers, he hit it over the $150 seats and landed in the $12.00 seats. Arod barely hits it out there.

What a shot! Funny part is, those bleacher seats were going for $250+ last night after the rainout on stubhub

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Casey2884 said:
What a shot! Funny part is, those bleacher seats were going for $250+ last night after the rainout on stubhub

I sold my bleacher seats for 175 for the pair, like 6 rows behind where the ball fell if it fell in section 237 :lol: They took the print out, the stubs just where packed up for psa out of my Season ticket book :D

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
bowmanchromeandorr said:
thank goodness its over and he got 3000. now espn and mlb can cover players that are worth a f@@k this year. He is an all-time grat so i'll give him credit for that though.
+1 and thanked. If I'm not mistaken, he's the first Yankee to do it? Congrats!

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Kudos to Jeter. Such a accomplishment at a time when the long ball hitters were kings, is unique.
And kudos to the Rays players who followed Johnny Damon outside the dugout to applaud and pay tribute.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
thefatguy said:
goosebumps....

that guy is rich now :lol: (probably was already)

Wow, they gave the guy 4 suite tickets for the rest of the year, and autograph bats, and autograph jerseys. Pretty sweet!

For a guy that is selling cell phones and can barely pay the bills, that had to be tough to not want to keep the ball. That thing has to be worth $25K+. Heck of a stand up guy right there! He certainly is giving Yankees fans a good name!

skrip

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
ballerskrip said:
thefatguy said:
goosebumps....

Wow, they gave the guy 4 suite tickets for the rest of the year, and autograph bats, and autograph jerseys. Pretty sweet!

For a guy that is selling cell phones and can barely pay the bills, that had to be tough to not want to keep the ball. That thing has to be worth $25K+. Heck of a stand up guy right there! He certainly is giving Yankees fans a good name!

skrip
He definitely is. I use to despise both the Yankees and Yankees fans and I have been watching the game from the beginning and now I have waaaaaaayyyyyy more respect for the Yanks and there fans.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Congrats to Jeter, but moreso to the fan who gave him the ball back for FREE- I don't care who you are that takes balls. Glad the Yanks Organization took care of him.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
thefatguy said:
goosebumps....

skrip

nah Skrip the blockheads will call him dumb. LOL. Classy fan. I am sure Jeter is gonna hook that guy up along with the Yankee stuff but knowing how classless Jeter is we wont know about it.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I love how it's always considered a "good deed" to give up huge amounts of money just to appease baseball players/teams. Give the guy what the ball could be worth. Jesus. If it's so "good" to not get what something is valued at, why doesn't Jeter play for $100,000 a year then. Wait, I know why, because he's worth millions. But apparently fans shouldn't ever expect to get true value for a piece of memorabilia... because why???

I would have given them the ball for $1,000 worth of stuff... ONLY after they agreed to sign Jeter to a $100,000 a year contract based on the same principle.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
I may be one of Jeet's detractor's, but congrats on getting #3000 and off of a home run as well.

I have a feeling he will see a nice little bump over the rest of the weekend on his cards and autographed memorabilia.

Members online

Latest posts