Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which is the BEST Derek Jeter rookie card to own ungraded

Which of Derek Jeter's "true" rookie cards will be the one to own in ungraded format?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Of those listed, I think the SP has established itself as the most desirable (due to what they sell for). I doubt time will change that.

Although they may not meet your definition of "true" rookie cards, some other desirable cards are the Topps Inaugural Marlins, Topps Inaugural Rockies, and Upper Deck w/ gold hologram. Over time, these may be worth more money because there are fewer of them available.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
carlitoson said:
Of those listed, I think the SP has established itself as the most desirable (due to what they sell for). I doubt time will change that.

Although they may not meet your definition of "true" rookie cards, some other desirable cards are the Topps Inaugural Marlins, Topps Inaugural Rockies, and Upper Deck w/ gold hologram. Over time, these may be worth more money because there are fewer of them available.

They already are more valuable, but not every single Jeter card from 1992-1996 can or should be considered a "true" rookie card. I know people hate that some people follow true rookie card "rules", but without them, players like Jeter would have 700 rookie cards and that would be ridiculous.

I personally have changed my stance on the rookie card. I used to be militant about it, but now I just accept that any card from any player up to and including his MLB rookie season can be considered a "rookie card". But I also stand by the "true" RC rules as a players' only true RCs (like this list of Jeter true RCs), while everything else can be considered just rookie cards.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
They already are more valuable, but not every single Jeter card from 1992-1996 can or should be considered a "true" rookie card. I know people hate that some people follow true rookie card "rules", but without them, players like Jeter would have 700 rookie cards and that would be ridiculous.

I personally have changed my stance on the rookie card. I used to be militant about it, but now I just accept that any card from any player up to and including his MLB rookie season can be considered a "rookie card". But I also stand by the "true" RC rules as a players' only true RCs (like this list of Jeter true RCs), while everything else can be considered just rookie cards.
I meant that over time, those cards may be worth more than the SP. They're first-year (licensed 1993) cards, but some folks don't consider them "true" RCs because they're "set" cards, not "pack" cards. That's all.

EDIT - Now that I think about it, the Jack Murphy card is a "set" card too.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Its either the 93 SP from someone you're confident hasn't trimmed it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

Or the Rockies http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110713609070&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

or Marlins http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110713608355&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

rookies, because its essentially a parallel version of his topps rookie, much like chromes are today. (look at Adrian Gonzalez's set available ONLY 2000 Bowman Chrome Draft)

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
in ungraded format is tough because the sp's are so condition sensative that people may not pay a premium for and ungraded version. just wait and see if a bgs 10 ever pops up what that bad boy sells for.

:cool: my vote is for the 93 topps marlins and rockies cards :cool:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
It should go without saying that the BEST card should always be what *you* want. Everything else is herd mentality.

Sure, its very interesting to analyze what others are interested in. But what's the appeal of having a bunch of cards you don't enjoy...sometimes (too often??) it seems people forget this.

Members online

Latest posts