Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A little confused on something...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theotherCUTCH

May 28, 2011
trying to work a deal with a member, was interested in 3 low end game used cards. When i asked a price, he said 20 dlvd. i knew it was rediculous, and wanted to look up BV (now i know BV isnt followed like it used to be, but its a good guide) now the SV for these would be about 2 each. The total BV ended up being 20, and i offered 6 dlvd. He says to me "when a card books under 50, the BV that is listed is also the SV" Now i dont do as many deals as i used to but i thought this is rediculous. He is trying to tell me that any card with a BV under 50 is also the SV for that...if i am wrong on that being completely outrageous please let me know, just fetching some opinions.

thank you for the input

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
theotherCUTCH said:
trying to work a deal with a member, was interested in 3 low end game used cards. When i asked a price, he said 20 dlvd. i knew it was rediculous, and wanted to look up BV (now i know BV isnt followed like it used to be, but its a good guide) now the SV for these would be about 2 each. The total BV ended up being 20, and i offered 6 dlvd. He says to me "when a card books under 50, the BV that is listed is also the SV" Now i dont do as many deals as i used to but i thought this is rediculous. He is trying to tell me that any card with a BV under 50 is also the SV for that...if i am wrong on that being completely outrageous please let me know, just fetching some opinions.

thank you for the input

Plain and simple:

He's either extremely uninformed, or he's trying to pull one over on you. Book value in no way correlates directly to the sell value.

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010
theotherCUTCH said:

thank you for the input

He is wrong.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
If you're buying that, I've got some prime waterfront property in the Glades I'd love to sell ya.

And I have 2000 GU cards that BV at $45 to sell you.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
I find it easy to find examples of the cards completed on ebay and link him to the complete auctions. Proof always goes a long way

theotherCUTCH

May 28, 2011
pgwtamu said:
I find it easy to find examples of the cards completed on ebay and link him to the complete auctions. Proof always goes a long way

that is a good idea.

i PMed him a link to the thread so all is well :D

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Low end GU typically sell for anywhere from $1 to $3, maybe $5 if it's a really big star or high demand player. The two shops I frequent have boxes full of low end GU for 3/$5, and most of them book in the $8-$20 range, and #'ed as low as 25. Unless you're looking at three Ripkens or Pujols, you shouldn't be paying anymore than $10 dlvd.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
GarkoCollector said:
You should just post the username for trying to pull sh*t like that.

I'd have to agree. Most of us know better, but we don't need anybody getting ripped off who may take someones word for it. Especially if there are kids on the board.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
bouwob said:
blanning71 said:
If you're buying that, I've got some prime waterfront property in the Glades I'd love to sell ya.

And I have 2000 GU cards that BV at $45 to sell you.

I'll buy 2K GU for 45.00 dlvd, paypal ready

Looking at the OP, that would by $90,000. Please send as gift :lol:

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
ronfromfresno said:
Price seems high, but they are his cards and can charge what ever he wishes for them. Doesn't mean you have to purchase them from him.

This isnt about the price, its about being dishonest.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
im all for starting a sticky calling out the moron board members who
come here with stupid prices.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts