Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Ubaldo Jimenez be traded to Yankees?

Will Ubaldo Jimenez become a Yankee

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
That is just ridiculous....why would Colorado even consider that when they most likely will be in the running for the wild card and they are NOT sellers at this time?

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
No thank you.

I'd rather push for Anibal Sanchez. The asking price on Ubaldo will be astronomically high due to his team-friendly contract over the next few years.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
No for the same reasons the Cubs will not trade Matt Garza. Both pitchers will be cheap for the next two years and both have been somewhat unlucky this year.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Hopefully the Reds get him. The word I head is that for the Reds to land Jimenez, it would take a deal that began with Homer Bailey, Mike Leake, or Travis Wood. I'd prefer it to be Bailey or Leake that go, but it would just be nice to have Jimenez in the Reds rotation.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
JEBJJA said:
That is just ridiculous....why would Colorado even consider that when they most likely will be in the running for the wild card and they are NOT sellers at this time?
The Braves think otherwise. :cool:

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
The tigers have had multiple scouts at his last couple games according to ESPN and if they want someone they will go get them. As a Tigers fan id love them to add him to the rotation bu ti think the asking price will be way to high and in the end probably not worth it.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
bondofan38 said:
The tigers have had multiple scouts at his last couple games according to ESPN and if they want someone they will go get them. As a Tigers fan id love them to add him to the rotation bu ti think the asking price will be way to high and in the end probably not worth it.
Would you as a Tigers fan rather have Scherzer or Ubaldo?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
No! Even if the Yankees were to send cash, they still have nothing in their farm system since it was depleted some years ago.
So I don't see it happening.
As someone else said get Hughes out of the rotation. I don't understand why they sent Nova down when he was 8-1 just to
make a stop for Hughes, made no sense to me. But hey it is the Yankees and what every they do does not make sense anyway. :lol:

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
No, and why trade for a catcher? Unless they plan on moving him to 1b. They have Ianetta and Wilin Rosario waiting in the wings. It would cost the Yankees Montero + two of their three top pitching prospects, and maybe more!

Not sure what the Tigers would be able to offer that would interest the Rockies.

skrip

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Pine Tar said:
No! Even if the Yankees were to send cash, they still have nothing in their farm system since it was depleted some years ago.
As someone else said get Hughes out of the rotation. I don't understand why they sent Nova down when he was 8-1 just to
make a stop for Hughes, made no sense to me. But hey it is the Yankees and what every they do does not make sense anyway. :lol:

Lol :D I wondered the same thing about the Nova being sent down thing! If hes doing fine why make room for someone who might not be good!

But if they got Jimenez, I would hope Nova is part of the deal, just so he can get MLB starts in, he deserves it!

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
muskiesfan said:
Hopefully the Reds get him. The word I head is that for the Reds to land Jimenez, it would take a deal that began with Homer Bailey, Mike Leake, or Travis Wood. I'd prefer it to be Bailey or Leake that go, but it would just be nice to have Jimenez in the Reds rotation.

I think Buster Olney wrote a few days ago that a NL executive was asked if a package of Bailey, Leake AND Wood would entice the Rockies and replied that they would get hung up on immediately.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
JVC said:
muskiesfan said:

I think Buster Olney wrote a few days ago that a NL executive was asked if a package of Bailey, Leake AND Wood would entice the Rockies and replied that they would get hung up on immediately.

I could have misread, but I thought it was reported that the package had to start with one of those 3, not all of them.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
muskiesfan said:
JVC said:
muskiesfan said:

I could have misread, but I thought it was reported that the package had to start with one of those 3, not all of them.

My mistake. It was an update in the Rumor Central section on ESPN:

"Jimenez is a proven ace at a fair price, so it is hard to see exactly what the Rockies would get in a deal that would make it worth their while. "How would Travis Wood, Mike Leake and Homer Bailey for Jimenez sound?" Renck writes. "I posed that trade to five National League all-stars and they gave me looks typically reserved for Brian Wilson's beard.""

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I would trade Leake, Wood and Bailey in second for Ubaldo. Those three have a revolving door in and out of the minors every 2 months.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Pine Tar said:

OK, whatever you say.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
looked good vs a good team today 18 wins last year. give him a chance

techboy42004 said:
I vote yes because I hope he is :D Get hughes out of the rotation! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts