Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone do this with there magnetics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chipperjfan10

Mar 31, 2011
hey just a quick ? does anyone put their card in a penny sleeve before putting it into a magnetic

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Sort of...I trim the edges off of a penny sleeve and lay one half down inside the well and place the other half on top of the card before placing the cover on.

Edited to add:

For thicker cards, I just trim of the right and left sides and leave the crease at the bottom. The crease wraps around the corner of the thick cards well and doesn't bunch up.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
chipperjfan10 said:
hey just a quick ? does anyone put their card in a penny sleeve before putting it into a magnetic

Re: Anyone do this with their magnetics?

Fixed it for you.

Also I don't really use magnetics, and I'm pretty sure the ones I do have don't have penny sleeved cards inside.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Only if it is a mini card that will slide around.

I don't understand the logic of doing it with a standard sized card -please enlighten us.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
brouthercard said:

I don't understand the logic of doing it with a standard sized card -please enlighten us.

Apparently it would reduce the probability of the card's cardboard sticking to the plastic; therefore removing portions of the artwork/auto. .

I do not do it simply because it would mute the entire point of a magnetic holder ( to me): aesthetically better than a top-loader.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Superfractor said:
brouthercard said:

Apparently it would reduce the probability of the card's cardboard sticking to the plastic; therefore removing portions of the artwork/auto. .

I do not do it simply because it would mute the entire point of a magnetic holder ( to me): aesthetically better than a top-loader.

I assumed the OP was concerned about the one-touch scratching the surface of the card as there's a little room to wiggle, not so much the card sticking but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, unless its gonna get graded at some point then I don't see the purpose.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Brewer Andy said:
Superfractor said:
brouthercard said:

I assumed the OP was concerned about the one-touch scratching the surface of the card as there's a little room to wiggle, not so much the card sticking but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, unless its gonna get graded at some point then I don't see the purpose.

A good point, but I was going off of recent threads that told horror stories of white spotting. Who knows.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Superfractor said:
Brewer Andy said:
Superfractor said:
brouthercard said:

A good point, but I was going off of recent threads that told horror stories of white spotting. Who knows.

Cards slide fairly easily in the magnetics - if your card is sticking to the plastic, maybe you should get the next size higher.

I've had cards in magnetics for over 7 years and i've never had problems with sticking, so I still don't understand the IP's rationale - they look horrible sleeved and in the magnetics, and THAT may make it too tight for the cards...

ronzo

Sep 8, 2008
Stroudsburg, PA
brouthercard said:
Superfractor said:
Brewer Andy said:
Superfractor said:
brouthercard said:

Cards slide fairly easily in the magnetics - if your card is sticking to the plastic, maybe you should get the next size higher.

I've had cards in magnetics for over 7 years and i've never had problems with sticking, so I still don't understand the IP's rationale - they look horrible sleeved and in the magnetics, and THAT may make it too tight for the cards...

I thought the only time there was a sticking problem was with screwdowns, not magnetics.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I've actually always been worried about leaving autos in a penny sleeve with a toploader. I'm not sure anything will happen and I have been told it won't but for some reason, I think it would have an easier time sticking to a penny sleeve and coming off when removing the penny sleeve than it would being in a one touch. I also try to make sure that any cards in a one touch are not super tight. I'd rather them move a little than be too tight. Besides, I don't go anywhere with my cards so them moving a little bit most likely never will be a big problem.

Members online

Latest posts