Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you think this is worth?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cookie

May 6, 2011
San Antonio
hi guys, i would like to get a opinions on what you think this package has a value of..

4 lower box seats and throwing out the first pitch at a Double A game. I recently got the local team to donate this package so it can be raffled off for charity.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
At a AA game, probably around $400 bucks only because it's for charity and because you can throw out the first pitch, the box seats aren't worth much at AA, if this was MLB you'd be talking a lot of money.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I hope I'm wrong, but I'd put it at around $200 or so.

But IF it's an auction, especially a live one, not silent, it could go for more, especially if two Dads start bidding up each other for their kids. And people do spend more on Charity auctions too...

cookie

May 6, 2011
San Antonio
i am hoping it goes for more.. i wouk in a company of a few hundred, but most are women.

i am still deciding with my HR rep if we should do a silent auction, or sell raffle tickets.

what do you think would get the most?

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
homerun28aa said:
At a AA game, probably around $400 bucks only because it's for charity and because you can throw out the first pitch, the box seats aren't worth much at AA, if this was MLB you'd be talking a lot of money.
No way. I would never pay $400 bucks for this. I say its worth maybe 100-200. You can get Hank Aaron seats at Turner Field for 90-100. (some of the best seats at Turner).

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
you never know with these things. I know some people that would pay big money to throw out a pitch at major league game. Minor league really need to get folks to buy into the charity part.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I have had the opportunity to throw out first pitches on a pair of occasions and was able to get my wife out there for one as well. This was in AA ball. Different organizations have different policies but I am anything but a wealthy and/or powerful person. All I did was ask in advance and they made it happen. Still, it was always a thrill. I personally do not see the honor going much over $200 unless you have people entering the auction with the mentality of making a donation rather than buying something. Hopefully you will have multiple individuals with that philosophy. Have you considered asking the team in advance if they might allow you to have an extra in the event that two people get in a bidding war? I help coordinate various fundraisers during the year. I never want to take advantage of generosity but Teams have had multiple first pitches. If bidding was to jump to an extreme amount you could offer one to the second highest bidder, double your money and all the team is out is a baseball.

cookie

May 6, 2011
San Antonio
i think i am going to put the package on ebay and advertise locally on craigslist. I am not confident at all in my coworkers bringing the cash..

Of course the auctions will be through the eBay charity with 100% going to the charity

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
RITM said:
I have had the opportunity to throw out first pitches on a pair of occasions and was able to get my wife out there for one as well. This was in AA ball. Different organizations have different policies but I am anything but a wealthy and/or powerful person. All I did was ask in advance and they made it happen. Still, it was always a thrill. I personally do not see the honor going much over $200 unless you have people entering the auction with the mentality of making a donation rather than buying something. Hopefully you will have multiple individuals with that philosophy. Have you considered asking the team in advance if they might allow you to have an extra in the event that two people get in a bidding war? I help coordinate various fundraisers during the year. I never want to take advantage of generosity but Teams have had multiple first pitches. If bidding was to jump to an extreme amount you could offer one to the second highest bidder, double your money and all the team is out is a baseball.
I think this is a good idea and can encourage numerous people to bid, though I would make sure it is only if the bidding goes over a certain point (or maybe presented to the second highest bidder after the fact, if he is willing to make a donation equal to his bid.) You do not want to take a chance that because there are multiple prizes the people do not feel the need to bid against each other and prices stay low.

It is hard to say what style auction would do better (silent or out loud.) One consideration is to have a silent auction and like eBay and have the prize go for an increment above the second highest bid. While it may seem counterintuitive, this allows people to bid higher knowing that they will not "overpay" in a sense, and there is a chance that a couple of really high bids get thrown out there.

Another thought might be to offer an additional prize if bidding reaches over a certain number. (It may not be all that difficult to get a team signed baseball or something along those lines.)

It is important to be the one to throw a number out there to indicate what the value "should be" since it is a package that people do not "know" how to price, and people could have wildly differing estimates. By throwing a number out there (say, something like "if the bidding goes over $1000 the winner will also receive a team-signed ball) implants the number in people's minds and gives them something to work off in considering what to bid. (Another way to do this would be to have an "MSRP" type number listed by the prize [something that size, "prize value..."] though that may introduce tax issues.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts