Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stephen Strausburg debut item? I'm super confused.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exquisite_King

Aug 7, 2011
I just bought a topps debut series 1 and this rubber thing fell out of it. When I first saw it I thought it was nothing, then it was number and named the stats of Stephen Strausburg opening day. I would so graciously love someones opinion on the worth and of what exactly it is. thank you.

strausburg.jpg

Exquisite_King

Aug 7, 2011
yet there are 250 of them. I thought the same thing until my friend pointed that out. Have you ever seen anything like this? it is so weird.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Thats pretty weired I wonder what the hell that is. You think they would say on it :lol: They took the time to number it but not describe it, brilliant.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
In 2010 Topps Tribute, they had redemptions for Strasburgh auto relic cards with base swatches from his debut. I'm going to guess you've got a piece of base that wasn't used for a card. With four bases, assuming Topps acquired four, since they have exclusive rights to Strasburg game used cards (although not game used pieces in their entirety), it would be easy to get 250 of those swatches plus the 500 smaller pieces for the cards made.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
It looks like a manufactured pitching rubber...

Look at the facts...

Manufactured:

Hat Patches
Glove Swatches
Bat Barrel
Commemorative Patches
Number Patches
Letter Patches
Sweet Spots

Members online

Latest posts