Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett message boards trading system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
So Im over on beckett trying to trade some ginter minis. I have about 500 of them to trade and am looking for around
120 of them I need. I make a post saying I would like to trade hit me up on a PM..blah blah blah....two minutes
later I am jumped by a mod and he says I need to list each of thsoe 500 cards in my organize or I can't trade.

Is this a joke? No wonder beckett is dead.

Kevin

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
so I went to my organized section and it said I had to pay 20 bucks for the year...20 bucks to trade? LMAO
no thanks...mod already blew up trade post, what a joke....probably some 20 year old kid.

Kevin

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
Who the **** pays $20 to trade? Must be their cash cow. Ever since the upgrade that place is straight ****, I never go on there anymore. Well to check my grades but thats it.

Kevin, send me a list of what you need. I don't have a whole lot yet but I've been trading for small handfuls when I can find them.

If you buy the online price guide, trading is free. If not, you can add up to 100 cards to your organize and they won't charge you I believe. I know, stupid rule. If I didn't already pay for the online price guide for the year, I probably would not trade there either.

elainebenice

Dec 1, 2009
Alabama
I don't even want to think about how many hours I spent entering my cards into my "inventory" on that site, only to ultimately abandon it all since the site was in "beta" for approximately 10 years or so w/o every really working and once it became the "new" site it was still one of the worst websites on the internet.....seriously. I don't understand what their issue is, but they got a lot of my money and time that I wish I could get back. Makes me mad even thinking about it.....

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Didn't know about the pay for trade thing. That blows.

I know their mods jump the gun on EVERYTHING over there. I've seen long-time posters get blasted on a first response for no reason, just because the mods don't know what they're doing.

Not because they were doing anything wrong, the mods just misinterpret or misunderstand a post, and they wanna jump in and show their manhood.

I would still sometimes go over and read through the forums, and occasionally try adding things to the organize, just too much of a hassle. They put all those rules/safeguards/etc in place, and there's still more threads about being ripped off than over here.

Only time I go there is to get a checklist once in a while, not that it's all that accurate sometimes.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
this thread made me go see what kinda crap was on there, and I didnt know they changed back the board format

:?

when did that happen?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I actually was digging what they were trying to do when the beta sight started, or at least the idea of having
a search bar and you could type in a set or card and get all the info for that card. I spent many hours
adding to their info date base, but this trading thing really sucks, especially becuase they said for many many
years that trading would be free. I think the whole beta thing was just to figure out how they could charge
for trades but not make it look like they were charging for trades. The mod had been a member since 2006, I had
been a member twice that long. I can see why the message boards are a shell of what they once were. What
a waste.

Kevin

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Pathetic!!!
This is as of right now!!!

Beckett
Board Statistics
Who's Online [Complete List]
4 users active in the past 15 minutes (3 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 1 guest).
andrentn, kendiesel1, ramzit222

elainebenice

Dec 1, 2009
Alabama
Musial Collector said:
Pathetic!!!
This is as of right now!!!

Beckett
Board Statistics
Who's Online [Complete List]
4 users active in the past 15 minutes (3 members, 0 of whom are invisible, and 1 guest).
andrentn, kendiesel1, ramzit222

That's unbelievable for a site that once had so much traffic and potential. I've honestly never seen a website/company run themselves, at least one big aspect of themselves, into the ground so effectively and efficiently. They will never recover at this point. Its really insane how a site with so much potential and traffic could just allow it to slip through their fingers so easily.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I deleted everything on "my collection" over there when I jumped ship. I don't think I've logged into that old account in at least a year. Beckett blows...

Tom

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
so I went to my organized section and it said I had to pay 20 bucks for the year...20 bucks to trade? LMAO
no thanks...mod already blew up trade post, what a joke....probably some 20 year old kid.

Kevin

If its cheaper there than eBay then its really not a bad deal. But don't you also have to pay a fee for each trade that's a %age of BV??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts